Chapter Twelve

-Chapter Twelve-

Percy readied his sword, staring at the god of thunder in front of him. The god himself wore relatively standard battle regalia, excluding the armor being made with celestial bronze. The master bolt sparked by his side, ready to smite any foes that dare cross its path.

On his right side stood the goddess of wisdom, the Greek goddess Athena. Her armor choice was carefully picked so that it covered most of her body, yet it did not restrain her movement. Making it much tougher for the two brothers to inflict any strikes.

Also at Zeus' side was the god of war, Ares himself. He donned the normal Greek armor along with a sword that seemed to radiate power. He was guessing it was his symbol of power, Ares' equivalent of Zeus' master bolt, but much weaker in comparison. Even the two brothers were outmatched, they also had a variety of tricks up their sleeves.

The tense silence stopped when Zeus hurled his master bolt towards Percy, intending to end the fight as quickly as possible. Percy rolled out of the way, avoiding the bolt with relative ease.

Athena surged forward, following up the bolt with multiple strikes of her spear. Percy evaded it, albeit a bit surprised at the sudden reaction of Athena. He parried Athena's spear strikes, each one of her attacks missing its mark.

The god of war readied himself to jump Percy when a yoyo string latched itself onto his legs. Yorath yanked at his yoyo, sending the god of war tumbling.

Percy turned to Yorath, giving him a small smile of thanks. That was one less god to deal with. He was assuming that Yorath would deal with the god of war whilst he took on Athena and Zeus.

Percy dodged and weaved, his movements honed to perfection, each one of Athena's spear strikes missing. Along with Athena's combat was Zeus who pelted bolt after bolt towards Percy, hoping that one of them would hit its mark.

He was getting really annoyed at Athena. The goddess was actually quite cunning and retreated once a weakness was assessed by Percy. He sent a jab towards the wisdom goddess, yet she backed up and steadied her spear, looking at Percy with a small smirk.

Percy yelped and jumped out of the way, a lightning bolt coming close to zapping him out of existence. He gave a glare at Zeus, the thunder god giving the son of Chronos a small arrogant smirk.

"I got to admit you got skill mortal." Athena complimented, circling Percy, her eyes assessing him of his potential weaknesses.

"Get down from your high chair wisdom goddess. You haven't seen anything yet." Percy proclaimed, sending multiple slashes towards the goddess of wisdom. She stepped back, parrying all of Percy's attacks.

"That remark alone is enough of a reason to kill you. Have you no respect for the divine?" She asked, anger boiling inside her.

"Can you kill me though?" Percy asked with a small smirk, twirling Firestorm in his hand.

"It will only be a matter of time until you tire. Unlike us, you mortals get tired rather easily." Athena said with certainty, brandishing her spear.

"Ah."

"There's one thing however, wisdom goddess," Percy added, a playful smirk on his face.

"Who says we're mortals?"

And just like that, time seemed to slow down. Everything went to an almost standstill. Athena was rooted in her spot, an expression of confusion evident on her face. Zeus was radiating electricity, ready to unleash the most dangerous thunderstorm yet. Ares was slowed in time mid-slash, his attack coming to an almost standstill.