Chapter One

-Chapter One-

A small boy at around the age of seven was smiling goofily at a middle-aged woman. The woman herself was stirring a bowl of what seemed to be a blue pancake batter. The boy seemed to bounce up and down as if he was about to burst from excitement. The woman smiled, she looked like she was in her early thirties. The woman, who was the mother of the boy set the bowl down in a countertop and turning towards her son. The boy had Raven black hair and starling sea-green eyes. He had some traits of his mother, the way he smiles brightly and seemed to radiate an air of confidence around him.

"Now now Percy, if you want to eat blue pancakes then you better learn to behave." The woman started turning towards the boy whose name was Percy. His shoulders slumped, a look of disappointment crossing his face. The woman laughed and flicked Percy's nose.

"I'm kidding." She said chuckling at her son's dejected look. Percy immediately brightened up and smiled. Two of his front teeth were missing, which wasn't surprising since most of the kids in his age had started to grow their adult teeth.

"Go sit on the couch whilst I prepare the blueberry pancakes." She ordered softly. Percy hooded and instantly scurried off to the couch. He sat on it impatiently, watching his mother make the pancakes he so desperately wanted. The mother's name was Sally Jackson, the mother of the demigod Percy Jackson. A few minutes passed by whilst Sally prepared the pancakes, but for Percy, it felt like it was a few years.

"Percy come here, the pancakes are ready!" Sally beckoned, Percy instantly brightened up and turned towards her with a beaming smile.

The door busted open as a man walked through, a hood covering his face in shadows. Percy stepped back in shock, not knowing what exactly was happening. Sally seemed to widen her eyes in surprise and turned towards the man with a look of both shock and fear. She stepped out of the kitchen and turned to the man, her maternal instincts kicking in. She shielded Percy from the man as said demigod cowered behind the couch in fear, watching all of it unfold.

"Go away woman, I have no quarrel with you." The man said in a deep voice, staring at Percy. Sally clenched her fists.

"You have no business here before you get to him, you have to get through me!" Sally stated bravely, her eyes were a different story though. They showed fear and worry. Her heart was pounding. It seemed like any moment her beating heart would burst out of her chest. The man growled.

"So be it."

A single scream. That was what Percy heard, what he saw was something no child should ever see. On the floor stood his mother, a single cut on her chest. A pool of blood forming around her lifeless body. Percy widened his eyes, he couldn't process what he was seeing. Percy seemed rooted to the spot, he couldn't speak, he couldn't move. The man turned to Percy, a scythe in his hand.

The man slowly approached Percy with a menacing aura, filling Percy with dread. The man grabbed Percy by the arm and yanked him toward him. Percy whimpered in fear as the man examined him with a look of glee.

The man held out his free hand and touched Percy in the neck.

"You will pay for what you have done. You will suffer as I did. Live out the rest of your life in agony." The man said in a harsh tone.

"Σας καταρατώ τη χρονική πίεση."

Almosy instantly Percy screamed in pain as energy suddenly flooded the apartment room.