Chapter Sixteen

-Chapter Sixteen-

Percy gave a sharp exhale as he dropped to the ground with a thud, the sudden jump knocking the wind out of him. He groaned as he laid on the ground, his body sore and fatigued. Yorath landed beside him, breathing heavily from the exertion. The two brothers were exhausted and wanted to have some rest. They both knew that rest was but a fleeting dream. They had limited time, they needed to use every second and minute to their disposal.

"Last chance." Yorath gave a gulp as he wiped the sweat from his brow. Percy nodded as he sat upright. He turned towards his watch and visibly paled. He was at death's doorstep. They needed this reality to work, or else Percy's death was nigh imminent.

The two brothers stood up groggily. The fight from before cost them so much energy to come out alive. They were already fatigued before that, now they were even more tired.

The two looked around, trying to make sense of their surroundings. They were surrounded by tall buildings and modern skyscrapers that didn't seem that much different than modern buildings.

What caught Percy's eye was the sky. The sky instead of the normal blue of the day, or the dark black of the night was instead a sickly grey that seemed to dampen the atmosphere tremendously. The two brothers of time shared a look as if having a silent conversation.

"There's titans here that's for sure." Yorath stated. Percy raised an eyebrow.

"How so?"

Yorath pointed behind him as Percy turned to check what he was pointing at. In the distance, he could faintly see the tallest building in the whole city. It dwarfed even the skyscrapers that managed to reach the grey sickly clouds. The two brothers once again shared a look.

"Mount Ohtrys?" Percy asked to which Yorath nodded. Their senses proved once again essential to their objective. And to think, the two brothers considered that specific ability as useless a few days ago before dimension-hopping.

"We need to dig around first. We don't know if Kronos exists in this reality. Although I am detecting a rather familiar presence." Percy added with a nod.

"Ah. You felt it too? It feels awfully a lot like our aura." Yorath noted, placing a hand on his chin.

"You think it's Kronos?" Yorath asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It most likely is. We still can't be sure though." Percy answered with a shrug.

"Mortals. Return back to your homes at once. It is strictly forbidden to be out at curfew times." A voice called out. The two turned towards the direction of the voice. A man in golden armour stood in front of them with a sword holstered in his sheath.

"Return now or you shall be punished severely." He said in a commanding voice. The two brothers looked at each other and gave a small nod.

"Okay, okay. Pardon us. We will return to our homes right this instant." Percy agreed, raising his arms in surrender. The two brothers walked away from the person as he continued to patrol the city roads, preventing anyone from going out of their houses. The two turned to a corridor and promptly hid there as the armed person walked onward.

The two sighed in relief and walked out of their hiding spots.

"That was close." Yorath said with a sigh.

"What are Titans doing patrolling the city?" Percy mused, a look of thought crossing his face.

"No idea. We can find out later. For now we need to find a place to hide. There will most likely be more patrolling here." Yorath suggested as Percy nodded in agreement. The two brothers went deeper into the alleyway, trying to find a door inside the building. The building itself looked worse for wear, like it was abandoned some time ago. The two scoured around, trying to find an entrance but found not even a single door.