Chapter Eight

-Chapter Eight-

"So, he's afflicted by the cold." She started explaining. Yorath raised an eyebrow.

"No shit." He retorted

"No, but like, there's a reason he's as sick as he is." She started to explain.

"The snowstorm outside. It's not normal. It gets worse as the days go by." She explained with a sigh. Yorath again raised an eyebrow.

"I still have no idea how this relates to us," Yorath admitted.

"I mean someone's causing the constant aggressive snowstorms. It isn't a normal snowstorm. Not naturally caused. Which in turn means its effects aren't that of a normal storm." She tried explaining. Yorath motioned his fingers, urging her to continue.

"So can we cure him?" Yorath asked, looking at Percy's unconscious body.

"Well yes, but..." She stopped midway through her sentence.

"Ah I see, there's a catch."

"Well not a catch, but we need to go out into the storm again and find this particular item." She explained. Yorath once again gave a sigh of disappointment.

"Of course it's another particular item." He said rubbing his temples in frustration.

"Another object I need to find," Yorath said cursing silently.

"So what's the task?"

"Well, you need to find an icy flower north of this village." She listed. He gave off a slight sigh and urged her to continue.

"This flower has healing properties that removes all afflictions the storm causes." She added.

"Why don't your people use this flower to remove the storm's effects on themselves?" Yorath asked.

"Well, we used to." She answered.

"Used to?" Yorath asked.

"That was until monsters started guarding the flowers." She explained. Yorath sighed again for or what seemed like the hundredth time.

"What would monsters want to do with this flower?"

"Remember when I said that the storm was caused by a person?" She asked. Yorath nodded, his mind slowly connecting the dots.

"Let me guess, the person sent the monsters to guard it?" Yorath asked. She looked at him with wide eyes and nodded.

"How'd you guess?" She asked.

"You could say I have got a fair share of experience in this type of stuff," Yorath stated with a tired voice.

"You look young, how'd you even get the experience?" She asked incredulously. Yorath shook his head.

"Don't mind that."

"Anyways, north of the village right?" Yorath asked standing up.

"Wait, you're not planning on taking them on yourself right?" She asked.

"Maybe, maybe not."