Yoongi (Part 2)

The food table was your only comfort in the room full of fabulously dressed teens. You wiped your sweaty palms on your dress wondering why your mother thought it was a good idea to send you here alone.

The music pounded in your ears, your discomfort growing with every passing second. 

At least there was free food.

After having your fill of the appetizers and standing awkwardly near the punch for ten minutes too long, the discomfort in the pit of your stomach began to make you nauseous. 

You had never wished to find a familiar face more in your life. 

Why did I come? What the hell made me think this was a good idea?

As you were about to give up and call an Uber, a pair of familiar dark eyes locked with yours. Yoongi stood on the clear opposite side of the room, yet it felt as though he was staring straight through you. 

You glanced around, wondering what else he might be looking at. There's no way someone like him would be looking at a commoner like you. Right?

Instead of turning to meet his piercing gaze again, you began to walk in the direction you had last been looking. You walked until you had left the loud laughter, chatter, and pounding beat behind. 

Entering what seemed to be a small room, you were surprised to find a gorgeous grand piano. The wooden floor stretched out before you, the piano beckoning to you as its polished keys glistened under a chandelier.  

Thoughts of the prom and Yoongi vanished as you lost yourself to the piano's voice, your own composition chasing away your anxiety as the beautiful song glided through the air around you.

That is until you opened your eyes and found Yoongi himself leaning casually on the piano. 

You started, nearly falling off the piano bench.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Yoongi said, an amused smile betraying the sincerity in his voice.  

"Please continue," he said, sitting next to you on the bench. 

Your hands shook, the close proximity of his body sending shivers down your arms despite the heat you could feel radiating from where his leg touched yours.

He chuckled as you sat there, staring at him like an idiot, unable to bring yourself to play even a single note. Flashing you a gummy smile, his hands dominated the keys, a somewhat familiar tune filling the silence between you.

Yoongi's hands glided effortlessly, never faltering till his abrupt stop mid-song. 

"Have we met?" 

"Um..." you responded, trying to collect your thoughts. "No..."

"Are you sure?"

"No..."

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he resumed the previous melody. 

"I've seen you before."

"You have?" Bewilderment streaked across your features, your brain searching for any recollection of such an encounter.

"I don't think I could forget a face like yours. You left me pretty flustered this morning."

His hands continued to play the melody as he stared straight ahead at the wall.

How is he so effortlessly handsome? you thought, mind recalling the events of this morning. It felt like it all happened years ago.

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment," you replied, glancing at his face, searching his eyes for a reaction.

Yoongi's hands stopped floating across the keys and dropped to his sides.

"Of course it is," he said, finally turning to face you, his expression completely serious. 

You barely processed his reply, your brain nearly short-circuiting because of how close his face was to yours.

"Uhhh..." was all your intellectual self could manage.

The serious look left his face, a curious one replacing it. 

"I've seen you twice in one day now and I don't even know your name."

"Soon-Bok," you said. "And you're Min Yoongi."

A/N:

Haha remember when I said I would try to do weekly updates?  Well...school started...sooo there is a chance that my updates will be even less frequent then they've been. I know, I'm the worst...SORRY!

On the other hand, writing would be my creative outlet and I think I am going to need that more than ever so who knows?! Hopefully I will find much inspiration...

ANYWAY, my main goal is going to finish this story before the end of September. I only have 4 more parts so maybe it'll happen even sooner.

Overall I want to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for sticking with me. I know it's been rough and I'm a pain for taking so incredibly long to write a short fluff story...so thank you thank you thank you!

I don't think a lot of readers realize how incredibly much their support means to me <3 I love you all muchisimo

Take care of yourselves, study hard, and don't ever forget that you are beautiful and you are worth so much.