(19) Planning a raid, part 2

Last time:
He wraps his arm around me and lays his head on top of mine. After some time I break the silence.

'Thank you, just, thank you,' I murmur.

'Are you coming with me?' I say as I make my way to the village.

Now:
Hand in hand we walk back to the village. When we are close to my house we let go of each other. I open the door and walk in, Michael follows behind. I find Lucinda and Ghislaine still sitting in the living room.

'Okay,' I breath, 'What do we need to do?'

'Let's start with the basics: boiled water, painstilling herbs, a lot of clean cloths and a bedroom prepared for her and Sindre,' Lucinda answers. We all take a task and start preparing.

Christine POV:
'Does everyone know what you need to know?' I ask. Everyone nods. I look at the faces in front of me. These people I trust with my life, and I know I will lose at least one tonight.

"Ready to meet?" I ask Joshua

"Yes, I'll come over to you," He answers.

'Joshua will come over here with his team, we go over the last details together. For now: let's take a break,' I say. I hear some relieved sighs around the room.

'You already know where the kitchen is, will someone set a pot of tea and coffee?' I ask. I hear someone reply, but I can't see who. After a couple of minutes Joshua arrives with his team. It is crammed in my house, but it fits. After everyone finished their drinks we continue.

'Let's tell each other our plans and start from there, okay?' I ask Joshua. He nods and starts talking. After he's finished I walk the teams through my plan. We tune in on eachother. Then it is time to start teleporting. It is 1 p.m. now, earlier than we thought. We make a plan and decide who teleports when.

"We are ready and teleporting now" I say to Lucinda.

"Okay, good luck" I get back. Here we go.

Alana POV:
After an hour or so of working everything is coming together nicely. The two rooms for Sindre and Rose are prepared well, complete with the necessary dressings, some pastes with herbs and food.

'I guess we are ready,' I say under my breath. I have an uneasy feeling about it. At least Ghislaine and Lucinda know about healing wounds and Michael seems to know a thing or two, but I know next to nothing.

'Yes, I think so,' Lucinda answers.

'Everything okay?' She continues.

'No, actually not. We know almost nothing, Lucinda. The state of my sister, how things will look if she gets back... The nerves are killing me,'

'I know, I know, but everything will be fine my love. Lucinda and I can take care of them and the whole village will jump in if needed, they will. As long as you and Michael do everything we say it will all be okay,' Ghislaine adds.

'There is nothing left now but to sit and wait,' Michael continues. We walk to the living room and I crash down on the couch. Michael joins me and Lucinda and Ghislaine both take a chair.

'Tea, anyone?' I stand up as I wait for answers.

'Yes, lovely,' Ghislaine says. I look around the room, Michael and Lucinda both nod. I walk into the kitchen and see the pot still standing on the stove. I walk over to the waterpump and fill it with water. Once back I place it on the stove and get a fire going.

While I wait I scramble around for some cups and dried tealeafs. I place them on a tray when I find them. I hear the water boiling and place the pot on the tray after putting the fire out. With the tray in my hands I walk to the living room. I place the cups in front of them and pour the tea in the cups. Then I sit down.