(10) Catfish

Alana POV

I woke up to the sounds of someone walking around. How long have I slept? It feels like a month. I hoist myself up from my bed and sit for a few good minutes on the edge before I realise where I am. I am sitting on the edge of the bed I know for just a few days, in a house I didn't know existed. Both a part of my parents' secret life. Slowly everything comes back at me. Mami et Papi, not being able to find Rose... I start to cry again. At the same moment two cats jump on my lap to comfort me, at least, they try to. It resulted in Rose falling next to me on the bed and Sammie falling back to the floor with a weird meow.

I still hear someone messing around downstairs, so I search for something to hit with. Next to the bed I find some lost wooden rod. I think it was meant to become a curtain rod, but it never happened. With rod and still in pyjamas I walk down the stairs, ready to hit a burglar. When I am downstairs I listen to where the sound comes from. It seems to come from the kitchen. I walk through the hall, the cats close behind me. I stand still for a moment when I reach the door to the kitchen as I try to get my nerves under control. Then, just then, I throw the door open and hit the person standing there as hard as I could, which wasn't hard enough. Slowly the figure turns around whilst cursing. Oh my god no, it is Joshua.

'What on earth are you doing in my goddamn house scaring me to death??' I shout to him.

'Good morning sweetheart, nice to see you awake again. Would you like something for breakfast? And oh maybe you have some ice laying around for my head?' He says so smoothly it makes me shiver. That everlasting smirk is back again too, it makes me so uncomfortable I almost hit him again, just to get that look of his face.

'First of all, I don't even know where the fridge is. Second, it is your own fault. Last, yes I would love breakfast, I am starving!' I answer.

'Well, someone had to watch you while you knocked yourself out for days. I have some bread baking in the oven, it will be ready soon. Happy to see your cats again?' He says. He tries to hide it, but I can sense the anger in his voice. I am guessing I will never be his favourite niece. Oh well, as if it bothers me.

'I am really happy with my furballs thanks for asking. But I think I need to put them on a diet, they are getting a tad heavy,' This sentence resulted in me getting a good growl and a pair of  turned butts at me, but sadly enough for Sam and Rose it is true.

'Hmmm, doesn't sound like they agree with you, now does it?' Joshua replies with a grin on his face. I guess the cats did something to him, seeing how he likes the thought of them on a diet.

'How long have I been sleeping?' I ask. I walk over to the table, push a chair back and sit down before I look back to Joshua.

'Well, let's say you were out on yourself for a good two days. Then we put you out for some more days because you were too traumatized to even function, so in total you were sleeping for five days or so,' He answers. They put me out, great, they can do that too. Nice to know.

'Ah, it looks like the bread is done. Now watch yourself, it will be burning hot!' Joshua says whilst grabbing some oven mittens to pick up the bread with. He opens the oven, which looks like it is heated with fire. The smell the bread releases is ama-zing. I don't even wait for a starting sign, I just dig in.

'Do you like it?' He asks. I stare at him for a few seconds, realising I have my mouth full with nice warm bread, before I shake my head wildly.

'I see... I already expected that, so I made some extra bread for you. That way you would still have something to eat for tomorrow, because I think you are going to need it,'

'What's up with tomorrow then?' I ask. If he doesn't say we are going to look for my sister someone has a problem and I don't care who that person will be.

'Calm down young lady. You aren't going to get anywhere with all that anger inside you. Even training won't succeed this way,' I hear him say. I try to stay calm but I don't feel like it.

'And why on earth would I train when my sister is missing. I saw what they did to my grandparents. If they are capable of that I don't even want to know what they are doing with my sister right now,' I say hissingly. I can see he didn't expect me to say this, as he is standing there in utter shock. Then his awful grin appears again.

'You really do think you were the only one who loved your grandparents, do you? Get your head out of that pink cloud, sweetheart. Everyone in town is mourning their death and if you even dare to think about the fact that we won't look for your sister I will slap you back to your senses,' Utter anger can be seen in his face. Could he be right? Well, obviously I'm not the only one who loved them, but I didn't expect them to be known here. Suddenly all my hunger is gone and I let my slice of bread fall on my plate.

'Let's start looking then,' I say somewhat doubting my words.

'There will be no searching to do for you. It is way too dangerous to send an uncontrollable witch to we don't know where. It would be a suicide mission. And who will your sister have then?' Joshua answers. I guess he is right.

'But... but...' I stutter.

'You ain't going anywhere until you are able to control your power and work together with your Familiar,' He says.

'But who is my Familiar? Everyone keeps talking about them, but I don't know what or who that is...' I answer.

'I think it is the best your Familiar tells you that himself. Michael get your ass down here, will you?' Joshua shouts into the living room. After a few moments a really, and I mean reallly, handsome boy walks in. Oh my lord.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey all,
I am so, so sorry for not publishing this much lately. My study has been crazy busy and I am currently trying ot survive my first tests. I hope you will understand.

shoutout to @JaneTheFirefox Dark-Shadow, FireAlwaysReturns and lightsbane145 for helping me out with my grammar, vocab, etc. Thank you so much!

Anyways, I hope you like this part and keep following me, even though I haven't been posting much.

Have a lovely day,
Me