(18) Planning a raid, part 1

Last time (Lucinda POV):
No. But I will stay and wait for an opportunity. In the mean time I will make a map of this place, and pinpoint where I am exactly.

Sounds like a plan. Pick up contact when you are ready to make a move.

I will.

This time:
Any news?

Yes, but I don't know if you like it. We can make a move, but it has to be this evening. Most members of Elizabeths coven have a meeting and they will be away. I know where I am now too, in the dark woods of Germany. I know it is some way from the coven and we have to act quick, but so far it is our only chance.

Okay, I will gather the rest and we will one by one teleport to you. We can't risk sending out a wave too big. How many do you need?

There will be 5 people left in the covenbuilding, so if we can overpower them with 8 persons it will work. Their magic is stronger but they are unprepared and less in number if we make our move then.

Okay, stay put, I will send a message as quick as possible.

Everyone in the coven listening right now: meet me at my house in ten minutes, it is of grave importance. Lucinda.

'Okay everyone, thank you for coming. Tonight we will make a move to save Rose from Elizabeth. It is 6 o'clock in the morning now, so we have some time to plan an invasion. This is what we know: there will be 5 people in the building, magically stronger but outnumbered and unprepared. On this paper you see the blueprint. This is the chamber the witches will be in. Down that hall you will find the room where Rose is held. We have to move quick. Kill as many as possible, save Rose and teleport back to safety,' I hear myself say.

'We will split ourself into two squadrons. Christine and Joshua, you will lead them. We are going in with 8 people in total, choose your men and make a plan. I will hear from you, but I'll stay here with Alana. As you will both be gone, no training today. Last thing, from 2 o'clock onwards, p.m. to be sure, you will start teleporting to the location. One by one, with some time in between. That's it,'

'Understood,' Christine and Joshua answer at the same time.

'Good,' I nod.

'Ghislaine, would you please check in on Alana?' I ask. She nods. Good, everything is settled. For the first time in a long time, we are the ones who will make the first move.

'Get that girl back here, safe and sound. This has taken too long,' I say. Acknowledging nods follows.

'We're done, thank you for your time. It is up to you now. Dismissed,' I say as I look to Christine and Joshua. I hear them making arrangements when I walk away.

I walk with Ghislaine to Alana's house.

'This is going to be difficult, I know, but somehow she seems to like you and Michael more then the others. Michael knows too. She will feel like she was lied to, again. But she will understand after some time,' I say.
Ghislaine nods. As we walk up the porch I step forward to open the door. They aren't downstairs yet.

'Will you get some bread from the shop? I will see if I can find them,' I ask.

'I will, I will. I'll be as quick as possible,' she answers.

'I know you will, darling, don't worry,' I say. I can see the nervousness in her eyes. To be fair, everyone is nervous, myself included. It is just not the right time to show it. I watch her until she walks out the door, I don't know why. I shake my head before walking upstairs. I find them sleeping in each others arms in the main bedroom. I leave as silently as I can.

There are 8 people coming your way. We start teleporting at 2, stay put.

Okay, I will be ready.

I decide to settle myself in the living room. Maybe a cup of tea would be nice. I set a pot of tea and wait for the water to boil. By the time it is hot, Ghislaine is back. She lays the bread on the counter.

'You want a cup too?' I ask her.

'Yes, yes please. That would be lovely,' she mumbles. Together we walk back to the living room and wait for them to wake up. It is past 8 o'clock now. Time ticks by in stressful times. We wait for a long time before we hear some rumbling above us. Then we hear them stumbling down the stairs.

'Holy ****, well, good morning I guess?' Alana says noticably irritated. Michael just nods.

'Ah good morning, Alana, good morning,' Ghislaine answers.

'I brought you some bread from the shop, the one you chose last time. It was good, was it?' She talks on.

'Yes, it was great, thank you for bringing some more. But honestly, people don't wait for you to wake up in the morning unless they have something to tell you,' I say.

'Well, we can't say it isn't true,' Michael tunes in.

'Michael, what is this?' I focus on him.

'Alana, please sit down and listen to Lucinda,' he answers.

'Okay,' I mumble. I walk over to a chair. I can feel my knees wobbling underneath me.

'So, we managed to find your sister,' he starts. My eyes light up.

'Please, wait. We got to be honest, the situation she's in is bad. Sindre, the cat Rose, found her and is watching the place Rose is in. Right now Joshua and Christine are tuning their teams to help Sindre. Tonight they will go in to free Rose and take her here, right here,' he stares away when he stops talking.

'Just... give me... please give me some time,' I mumble. They watch me as I walk away, through the door, outside. I walk on and on, don't know where. I just let my feet carry me. When I get out of my head I find myself at the base of the river, behind the meadows I saw from Lucinda's house. I must have walked for over an hour then, the village is so small from here.

I sit and stare and don't really think about something. All I think is Rose. I don't know where she is, if she is well, when she will be here. I know she will be coming to our house, but then what? I don't know how long I've been here, but after some time I see someone approaching me.

'Hey,'

'Hey,' he answers.

'I know it is much to take in, but we need you at the house. We need to prepare for Rose the best we can. Ever had some medical training?' Michael continues.

'No, but can we sit here for just a few more minutes,' I ask. He nods and sit down next to me. I crawl next to him and let my head rest on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around me and lays his head on top of mine. After some time I break the silence.

'Thank you, just, thank you,' I murmur.

'Are you coming with me?' I say as I make my way to the village.

-----------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues!

What do you think? Please let me know! Also, I'm watching the world cup. The Netherlands didn't make it, but I still like to watch. Who do you support?

Love,
Anne