(13) As long as I can sleep

Earlier:
'RISE AND SHINE SWEETHEART, rise and shine. You wanted to save your sister, huh? Well then you better get your ass out of bed and come outside for some training!' I hear Joshua bellow through the morning air.

'Oh, just piss off Joshua. Some people are trying to sleep here,' someone I don't know shouts back from another house.

Now (Alana POV):
Yes, exactly, piss off Joshua.
'Can't I even eat breakfast before we start??' I shout back at him.

'Fine then, as long as you hurry up. And get some movement in that cat too,' is the answer that comes back.

'About cats, where's Rose, the grey one?' I ask Joshua while putting my clothes on.

'Probably went for a long walk, I haven't seen her either. But she's old and wise enough to know what's she's doing. Are you done already?' He says frustrated.

'It is cold outside you know,' he shouts.

'Come in then,' I answer, 'I believe you know where the door is, don't you?' I hear him stumble in and walk to the kitchen.

'Oh come on Sammie, wake up,' I mumble to him. The only answer I get is some discontent purr. After a few more shakes he finally wakes up and lifts his head up. I can see the question marks in is eyes.

'You can't be serious, you really didn't hear anything? Better get up and eat something with me, because we gotta train today. Oh, and Joshua is downstairs, don't attack him please,' I say to him. His face only gets more disgruntled after I said the words Joshua and training.

'You know I have to do this and at this point you are the one person I know best. You better help me get through this,' I continue. No way I am going to make this on my own. After a few minutes Sammie finally starts to move and stretches himself as long as he can. Then he slowly walks to the edge and jumps off, but it comes closer to falling off. I hear a crash and some wailing as he rolls around on the ground. Finally he starts to get his act together and pulls himself up.

'Not a lot of energy huh? I am starting to think I have to pick you up from the ground and carry you around like a baby. At least you are the one who slept great. You snore like crazy!' I talk to him. After some more moaning and frustrated licking he starts to transform into Michael. When he stands in front of me I walk to the stairs. I hear him following me. Once I stand in the kitchen I look for the bread and cut of a piece for me and one for Michael.

'Have you had breakfast, Joshua?' I ask him as I look around for the cabinet with the plates. I found it yesterday, it shouldn't be so hard to find it again.

'Yes I had, thanks for asking,' he replies.

'You don't look that good, Alana. Did something happen last night?' He asks, he sounds worried. Would he be starting to care for me? I finally find the right cabinet and get out the plates. Then I put the bread on them and walk over to the table while I talk go Joshua.

'Oh no, everything is fine, just had a bad night of sleep. From the one day to the other I am here, my grandparents are dead, I am away from home and I don't really know what to do anymore,' I say to him. He nods as an answer, but the doubting look in his eyes makes me wonder what he wants to tell me. I hear Michael stopped walking behind me. I turn around and stick the plate with bread out to him.

'Here, I cut off some bread for you too,' I say to Michael. He takes the plate out of my hand and walks to the table. We both pull a chair back and sit down. Then we silently eat our bread.

Joshua POV:
Finally those two are downstairs. Good grief, I thought I was slow in the morning, but it seems that I have been beaten. At least Michael looks like he slept well, Alana looks like a walking zombie.

'Have you had breakfast, Joshua?' Alana asks me.

'Yes I had, thanks for asking,' I answer.  Maybe we will get a bond, after all the happenings cool down a bit. I can't blame her, but throwing me around and then hitting me with a rod had me quite bruised.

'Okay, this is the plan for the coming days, so listen carefully. This will be your life,' I start talking.

'I have been assigned with the task of getting you physically fit, so prepare for some harsh training and muscle aches that keeps you in bed. Except, you can't stay in bed,' I hear her gruntle, but she says nothing.

'Lucinda herself will help you get your anger and magic under control. Together you will learn the tricks to be a good witch. Christine will teach you the ins and outs of gardening and survival. She will learn you which plants you can eat and which not, how to grow them and how to cook them. From now on you will spend your morning with me, your midday with Christine and your evening with Lucinda. We know this is an extreme training schedule, but given the issues we have we want you ready as soon as possible,' I see her nod as an answer.

'I know it is a lot to take in so early in the morning. At least you will be so tired you don't have to worry about a bad night of sleep again,' I say as I try to lighten the air up.

'As long as I have time to sleep I'll be fine,' she says dead serious. The joke didn't take.

Alana POV:
Okay, how high is this guy exactly, I can't train like that. I'll be dead in a day. I.. I.... just how will I manage to do this?

'As long as I have time to sleep I'll be fine,' I answer him, but I don't think I will. At least I have to try before giving up already.

'But if I can't hold on, what then? I ask him hesitantly. He thinks before he answers.

'I guess we just have to... I don't know, we'll see then,' he says, stumbling over his words.

'Okay, we got to start now. Michael you are coming too. To build the bond between you we are going to put you through the same hell. A little extra training can't hurt,' Joshua says after a long silence. At least I won't be doing this alone.

'Well, what are we going to do first?' I ask him.

'We are going for a run and at the same time I will give you a tour through the village and lands around it. I see you have some comfortable pants on, you are going to need that. Find some shoes you can run on and we can go.' I nod as an answer. After a few minutes of searching I find a pair that fits sort of well, I guess I can use this for a couple days.

----------------------------------------------------------
Hey all,

Here's the new part, I hope you like it. Do you have tip, tricks, questions or anything, please leave a comment or dm me! I'd love to find out what you think and if I should continue like this. Anyways, I will try to post 1 time a week, but my school schedule is busy so I can't promise you anything sadly enough.

Lots of love,
Me