(11) Michael

Alana POV:
'So, so you... wanted to say.. that he is my Familiar?' I stutter

'Yep,' Michael says.

'Oh I can live with that,' I answer.
I can't stop staring at him. I slowly check him out from top to bottom. He is a strong build boy with broad shoulders, white hair and green eyes.

'Wait, the colour of your hair.. and your eyes. They are the same as my...' Before I can finish speaking Michael takes over.

'As your cat? I know,' he says.
I stand there baffled, still watching him. Confused I look at Joshua. The face I made must have been very amusing, because he starts to giggle. Some weird movements snap my attention back to Michael. Slowly but steady he is getting long white hair. And, and a tail? Where on earth did the tail come from? His ears start getting pointy. Why? He doesn't mean to tell me that he is Sammie. Oh hell no, this is all some kind of sick joke.

I stand still as I watch Michael change into Sammie, in shock. When the transformation is complete he gives a proud mew, before changing back to Michael. This time the transformation was quicker. In a few seconds Michael is standing in front of me again. He looks at me, seemingly worried.

'Didn't anyone tell you what a Familiar was?' He asks.

'I, uh, I,' I stutter.

'It is not like we really got a good chance for that,' Joshua says before I can answer Michael properly. I just nod to confirm the words.

'Lucinda would like it if you took her with you and explain everything to her. At the moment Lucinda has more pressing issues to solve than to teach an unknowing child,' Joshua says. I can here the judgement in his voice. He is lucky he is standing too far away from me, because I was ready to hit him once again.

'I will, I will. But if she really knows nothing, you better give me some time before we have to start training,' Michael says warningly.

'Well, I guess it is time to stop call you Sammie then... Michael it is,' I say, somewhat confused. It feels weird to call Sammie, the cat I have loved for so long, michael.

'Yes, please,' he answers.

'Well, let's get down to business then. Can we go upstairs?' He asks me. I nod yes. I follow him as he walks out of the kitchen, through the living room, to my room. He opens the door, walks over to my bed and falls down on it.

Michael POV:
I hear her following me. When I walk into her room I stroll over to her bed and let myself fall down on it. Such a comfy bed, a wonderful sleeping place really. That's the easiest thing about being able to transform to a cat, I can sleep everywhere if I'd like to.

'So they really didn't tell you anything about having a Familiar and what I am?' I ask her. I can see she is still a bit shocked and she has no reason to not be shocked.

'Well, they said I was a witch I guess. And Lucinda told me what my grandmother is and what she did. But nothing much about Familiars, except for a few mentions,' she answers. It sounds like this is going to be a long, long day.

'Okay, that really isn't much indeed. You noticed my hair and eyes. Familiars look like their animal form and almost always have the same eyes as our Compagnion. In this case, you are my Compagnion. It is decided when we were born by faith. Normally the Familiar and their Compagnion meet in the coven, but because you are a special case, I had to look for you. When you found me in the shelter your parents saw the connection between you and me and took me home,' I pause for a minute, giving her some time to take it all in.

'But if Familiars have the same eyes as their Compagnion, does that mean.... the cat Rose is- is my sisters Familiar?' She asks. I nod as an answer. I watch her sink into herself in deep thoughts.