Take my Hand - Part One

Hi!

Don't forget to like and comment!

Also if you can, please check out my other writing and let me know what you think.

Em x

You stepped out of the lift onto the third floor of the building and made your way to the front door. You'd arranged to meet your friends at Niall's apartment before you all went off to a gig.

The door opened a few seconds after you knocked, and Chrissie stood there. You'd been best friends for about six years and you didn't know how you survived without her. She'd been dating Niall's cousin Willie for four years now, they'd recently got engaged.

"Hi!" She said pulling you in for a hug.

"Hi, how are you?" You replied.

"Good, come in the boys are almost ready."

You walked into the vast apartment and admired the view through the floor to ceiling windows. The sun was beginning to set, and the London skyline had never looked more beautiful.

"So who else is coming?" You asked taking your gaze away from the light.

"Just you, me, Willie and Niall." She said smiling.

You surveyed her smile for a second and shook your head smiling.

"Hope this isn't another set up." You whispered.

"I'd never do that!" She replied.

"Never do what?" Niall asked as he came walking into the living room.

"Nothing." Chrissie said smirking.

Niall raised his eyebrows in confusion and came over to give you a hug. His hands landing on your lower back, his fingers stroking across the soft fabric of your t-shirt.

"Looking as beautiful as ever tonight Petal." Niall said as he released you from his tight grip and kissed your forehead.

"Charmer!" You replied.

You could see Chrissie shake her head in amusement, she just couldn't understand your relationship with Niall. She said you were ridiculous, and that you should definitely tell him how you felt about him. You'd argued about it a lot actually, it was something that she couldn't just let go. You and Niall were friends, and that was it.

"So where's Deo tonight?" You asked, you were surprised he wasn't there. He normally joined you for gig nights.

"He's got a date!" Niall replied.

"What, like a real one?!"

"Yep!" Niall said laughing.

"With an actual human person?!"

"Yep!" Niall replied laughing harder now.

"How the fuck did he manage that?!" You said laughing to.

"Some girl who he met through a work friend or something."

"Jesus, suppose its about time he got laid." You replied shaking your head.

"You can talk!" Chrissie scoffed at you.

"Shut up!"

Thankfully, Willie walked into the living room at just the right time to cut that conversation. You really didn't want to be discussing that right now.

It had been almost a year.

Yes, almost a year since you'd got any action.

You'd ended things with Luke when he basically became a twat. And to be honest you'd never been happier. You didn't mind being alone, you didn't have to take into consideration anyone else. You could just go out with friends, take vacations and do whatever the hell you wanted.