Chapter 11

"Righto" Chappo says as he grabs his keys from the kitchen counter. "I've gotta go to work" He explains, "But I feel so bad leaving you here alone." I smile, he was always worrying. "I'll be fine" I reassure him. It had been 2 days since I agreed to stay, 2 days Chappo had off. He brought me around the place, I think he was happy to act like a tourist for the bit, but now he had to go back to work. We hadn't discussed the relationship situation at all, we were kind of just going with the flow, but to be honest, if he ended up being my boyfriend, I really wouldn't mind at all. "Look, since you're so worried how about I drop you down lunch at your break, to show you I'm still alive" He smiles at that, "That would be nice" He says as he makes his way towards the front door. "Take care!" He cheers as he sets off on his walk down to the beach.

I make my way back to my (Chappo's) bedroom to get dressed. I felt super bad that Chappo continued to sleep on the mattress in the spare room just so I'd find it easier to get in and out of bed. I went over to the dresser Chappo had cleared out for me to store my things in. I rummage through my clothes till I find a loose fitting t-shirt and baggy board shorts. I decided to go for loose fitting, comfy clothes as I had a physiotherapy appointment at the hospital. I had had to ring up to tell them I was staying put for a while longer so they could book me in for physio there as I had booked myself with another one but cancelled as I wasn't leaving anymore. 

I go back into the living area once I'm dressed and grab the spare keys Chappo had given me. I hadn't told Chappo about the physio appointment in case he started worrying and  had insisted on dropping my there by car as it was about 15 minutes away at the speed I was able to move the wheelchair. I lock the door behind me as I set off down the street.

I make it there just in time, so I head straight to the receptionist to give in my name. "She'll be with you in a moment if you'd like to take a seat" the receptionist says in a very rehearsed tone. I snicker as I realize she didn't even look up, I was already "seated"

The physio, who's called Sarah, didn't do much, which I was thankful for. She said this will probably take a long while to recover and we should take it slowly, baby steps. Today she just bent my knees for me and massaged my feet (which was a slight bit awkward) to prevent getting any cramps in my left leg and in my right when I regained feeling. She tested my reflexes, which obviously didn't work on my left leg,  but it did on my right and my arm was getting stronger and stronger, she said wheeling the chair around was a good exercise for it. That's when I got hit with the bad news. Even though only my left lost movement and feeling, my right leg was growing weaker and weaker due to it not being used, and this would slow my recovery process. Sarah lifted my from my chair with one other physio and the slowly started putting me down onto my "good" leg. It felt weird, weak I guess, but I couldn't tell how weak because I was basically placing no weight on it as the were supporting me. "Ok I'm gonna let go now Tiff, it's just gonna be Jeff holding you up, so you're gonna have to put a small bit of weight onto your leg. I hold you're left one up so it isn't touching the floor in case you'd put weight on it by accident" Sarah explains. "What will happen if my leg can't take the weight and what would happen if I accidentally put weight on the left leg?" I ask. "Same answer for both, your legs would just go from under you and you'd fall straight onto the ground" Sarah explained. I nod as she backs away and I place the smallest amount of weight onto my good leg, and it feel weird. It feels sore yet relieving to be able to do it. I stayed standing for about 3 minutes on my right leg before it started shaking, as it was about to give way, so they decided that was enough for the day.

I wheel my way back in towards the beach, and stop off in a little cafe and get 6 sandwiches made up, as Chappo had said there was 4 other guys working today, so I got them a sandwich each too, one for Chappo and one for myself. I took the sandwiches, placed them on my lap, paid and went off down the street towards the lifeguard tower. Just as I reach the door Deano appears behind me. "Hey Tiff!" Deano cheers, "I thought you'd be gone, so glad to see your still here" Deano says as he opens the door and lets me in first. I just smile, Chappo musn't have told them I'm still here yet, but I didn't want to say anything in case he doesn't want the guys knowing I'm staying with him at the moment. "TIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!" Maxi and Jesse scream getting out of their seats and coming down to hug me. "Hey" I smirk, enjoying the confused looks on their faces. "Hi, I um, brought you guys some sandwiches" I say. "Thank you!" Jesse and Deano shout very loudly in delight while Maxi had already snatched one and was digging in. "One sec" Deano said walking over to the counter and picking up a walkie-talkie. "Hey Whip, Chappo, Tiff is here and she brought food!" He says, talking into the walkie-talkie, "Come on up, my lunch break is just finishing so I'll go out on the beach so you guys can come in." I hear them say something in reply and Deano puts down the talkie, opens up a sandwich and eats. 

I laugh, looking at Jesse, who has mayo smeared all over his face from eating the sandwich with such enthusiasm. "So, just before I head off, what's keeping ya here at the beautiful Bondi?" Deano asks, as he begins grabbing the stuff he needs before heading out on one of the buggys. Just as I try to come up with some answer, Whippet and Chappo skip in the door and Whippet heads straight for the sandwiches, but Chappo comes over and kisses me on the forehead before heading to get his. As that happens, Jesse, Maxi, Deano and Whippet all turn and watch, slack-jawed and me and Chappo just laugh our heads off. "Well Deano, what do you think?" 

***

Hey :D Sorry about a bit of a pointless chapter, the next couple may be boring as I have to try and build Chappo and Tiff a relationship, so I hope the chapters a still a little enjoyable :)

-Niamhxoxo