Chapter 17

"Chappo!" I yelled from the kitchen, "Get up! Hospital trip today." I could hear a groan come from the spare bedroom, then the loud thud of his feet moving across the floor. I waited for him to open the door and then I put on the stereo. Fall out boy blasted throughout the apartment. "Fall out boy?" Chappo asked groggily. "What better way to wake you up in the morning?" I smirked. Chappo came over and kissed my forehead. "Wait" I said, as he started to make his way to the breakfast bar in the kitchen, "can I have a quick look at you nose now the swelling is down" He slowly dragged his feet across the floor back to me, and crouched down beside me. His eyes were very badly bruised, a little swollen still, but his nose looked a lot better since the swelling went down. "Well?" He asked, hopeful. "Sorry babe, it's broken. Not badly though. I'm still making you get an x-ray." He pulled a very exaggerated frown as he got up to go make breakfast. I just watched and laughed as he messed about, trying, and failing, to make French toast.

"Yep" the doctor muttered, "it's broken." Chappo sighed loudly, "How long til I can go back doing rescues at work?" I saw the doctor think about this, clearly knowing how much Chappo's job meant to him. "Come back for an appointment in two weeks and I'll see if you're alright then. Chappo smiled, obviously expecting worse. We thanked the doctor, got Chappo's splint for his nose and went on our way. Chappo also ended up with a couple stitches on his forehead and knuckles, but he was going to be alright.

"So" Chappo sighed as we exited the hospital, "what do you want to do today? I don't start work til 2pm." I stopped wheeling and looked at him. "I have physio in 10 minutes, but we could grab a bite to eat after that. I start work for the first time tomorrow, so an easy, relaxed day would be nice." Chappo smiled, went behind my wheelchair, spun it around and started running around really fast. I burst out laughing as he continued to run around pushing me. It was one of the most fun 5 minutes of my life.

Chappo insisted on coming to physio with me, to listen to everything they tell me, so I couldn't pull something like last time and end up hurt again. We went in together and Sarah came over to begin. "And you are?" Sarah said, extending her hand to shake Chappo's. "I'm Tiff's boyfriend." Boyfriend I thought. He said he was my boyfriend! I could feel a huge smile form on my face as I looked up at him, his face mirroring exactly how I felt. "Nice to meet you" Sarah said, "So let's begin."

The physio appointment went pretty much the same as last time, except this time Sarah got Chappo to help me stand up and I don't think I've ever seen him so happy. I couldn't stand for very long on my right, it was still tired after the effort of getting to the tower the night/morning before. I couldn't stand on my left leg at all. She tested my reflexes and feelings. I still had no feeling in my left leg, but she said that was expected and that it'll come in time. She gave me some stretches to do with my right leg and made another appointment and we left.

Then Chappo and I went out for lunch. We ate in a cute little cafe near the beach. Chappo had to rush off to work. He was moaning about how he would be on tower duty for the next couple weeks. He and I said goodbye as he headed for the tower and I back to the apartment. Little did I know what he was planning for tomorrow.

***
WOW!! Thank you all so much for over 10k!!!
Also guys, feel free to comment stuff, I love getting feedback/talking to you guys!
Again thank you all so much for reading!!!
-Niamhxoxo