Chapter 9

As we all filed out of the tower, someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and see Deano, Maxi and Jesse all stood in front of me holding a box with something taped on top. "We got you this" Maxi beamed handing it to me. I see it's a card taped on top of the box. "Thank you" I whisper, really surprised, I had never expected a gift, it should be me giving them one. I opened the card and read it.

                   'Dear Tiff, thanks for the last 2 days, they were awesome!

                    You  fit in so well here, so don't forget the door is always

                    open if you ever want to call in. We are all going to really

                     miss you so much! Don't you ever forget us, ever. Oh 

                     and it was Chappo and Deanos idea about the gift

                     (they're off their heads if you ask us!) (shut up Jesse)

                     They said it's hopefully a motivation for you, as you

                     can't use it for awhile yet, but they're hoping it will

                      encourage you to get active again and visit us as soon

                      as possible.

                                       Love the lifeguards x'

I read it twice over, they had all signed their names on the bottom too. I really had no idea what the gift could be. I glanced up to see all the guys looking at me, expectantly, waiting for me to open the box. I pulled off the tape and opened the lid of the box and looked inside. I pull out the contents, some large thick material, and I soon realize it's a wet-suit! "Thank you guys! It's awesome, I can't wait to use it!" I had a smile beaming from ear to ear, I truly was ecstatic, they obviously didn't want me not getting back in the water due to fear. "Thank you" I whisper again, so so grateful to have ever met all these amazing people.

Soon after, everyone had left, all except Chappo and I. "So, do you wanna head back to mine yet or go somewhere else?" Chappo asks, almost sounding nervous. "Actually, I was kinda hoping, if it's not too much trouble, could you bring me down to the shore so I can stick my toes in the water?" I ask, already knowing it's too much and I shouldn't have been so rude asking. "Tiff, that sounds like an amazing idea!" Chappo exclaims, "I'm so happy you'd like to even go into the water a little bit." I sigh, this guy, this guy right here was amazing.

I giggled as Chappo danced around in the waves, he looked so comical, yet it brought me such joy to see him so happy. I sat back in my chair, my toes just touching the water, as I took in a long breath and watched the beauty of the night unfold before us. I watch as Chappo gets knock over continuously by waves, I chuckle, thinking how he, a lifeguard is the one being knocked over, I guess he wasn't trying to stay standing, the feeling of the waves was so nice. I watch as he stands back  up and walks in towards me. "Ready?" He asks and I look at him confusedly, but before I can ask for what he has scooped me into his arms and is running out into the water with me.

I laugh out loud, with pure joy, as Chappo bends down and dunks me into the water, (not letting go of me, of course) and lifting me back up just as the waves crash by. He carries me back into shore and I maneuver myself expecting him to help me back into my chair but instead he sits down, still holding me in his arms, in the shallows of the water. He slowly helps me move over so I'm sitting beside him in the water. We both watch as the sun slowly sets over what I would count as one of the best days of my life.

****

Sorry about the short chapter but it's been like 2 weeks since I updated (I have no clue how that happened, I'm sorry!)

But I'm back

New chapter soon :)

-Niamhxoxo