Chapter 22

No the rest of the day was so much more than just hectic. It was unbearably stressful.

The guys had a huge rescue down at south end. Chappo and Azza went out on rescue boards. Deano and Jesse went down on the jet ski to help. The waves had to be 10ft at least. I was watching from the tower with Maxi. Azza and Chappo wiped out on a wave. We couldn't see them pop back up. I began panicking but then Maxi pointed out really far, to near the rocks. Chappo and Azza were trying to swim back to their boards. The three they had paddled out to save had been pulled out of the water by by-standers on the rocks. They looked like they were in shock, but escaped any injuries. I then saw Jesse up on the rocks screaming. Chappo and Azza were yelling back, they turned around and started paddling back out towards the rocks. I looked at Maxi, "The jet ski flipped. I can't see Deano" He said. I grabbed the second pair of binoculars. Chappo, Azza and Jesse were all being smashed against the rocks. I saw Chappo and Azza pop up with Deano in their arms. They were all ok. But gosh that was stressful.

The arrived back in the tower soon after. Azza and Chappo had a few scratches but Deano was a bit worse. He had a few deeper cuts, they would possibly need stitches. I sat them all down in the tower and cleaned and bandaged their cuts. "You've gotta stop scaring me like that" I muttered. "We will if you will" Deano chuckled. "It's a deal" I said, shaking his hand. "We are so weird guys" I laughed, "I like that."

We finished up for the day and headed home. Chappo and I both had a week off from work. It was going to be nice, a good time just for us together.

"Hey Tiff, would you like to go on a trip in a few months? I think we deserve a holiday once you're better." I wheeled myself over closer to Chappo. "That would be great" I said, "thank you."

"Awesome" He said, "but first, date night!" I looked at him curiously. "Tiff we still haven't gone out on an official first date, I'm treating you tonight. We're going bowling." A huge smile grew on my face. "Oh Tiff, just one thing, I'm not gonna go easy on you. Chappo never ever loses."

I chuckled. Chappo was not the only competitive one. I was actually pretty good at bowling, but this time I would have to try figure a way to throw the ball. I couldn't do the swing I normally did in the wheelchair.

We headed out shortly after 7pm. We had had some ribs and potatoes for dinner before leaving, one of my favourite dinners. When we got to the bowling alley we picked out our lane, it was the one closest to the wall. Chappo was up first. I could tell he was trying to show off, lifting a large blue ball that I think May have been a number 11 or 12. Whatever it was, anyway, was evidently heavier than Chappo was used to bowling with. His first throw rolls down lane at an extremely slow pace, just barely knocking 1 pin down. He then went and picked up a ball of the same size, this time with much more ease. "You actually thought that was how I bowl?" He laughed, as he threw the ball down the lane, taking down the nine remaining pins. "You're good" I said, as I made my way to pick a ball, "But I'm better."

I positioned myself at the angle I knew would provide me with a strike. I glanced back at Chappo and smirked. I rolled the ball from my lap with quite a force. It traveled down the lane, and knocked down all 10 pins. I looked back at Chappo, and he was smiling, but you could tell inside he was insanely jealous.

Our game continued with us scoring mostly strikes or spares. On our last round, Chappo was two points ahead of me. He went to take his go, scoring 7. I wheeled myself up and rolled my ball. I watched as one by one each pin fell down. I had scored a strike. "I told you I was good" Chappo sighed, "but maybe you are better." I looked at him and burst out laughing. "I won't let you live this down by the way. All the guys will hear about this."

***
Hey guys :)
Hope you enjoy this chapter.
Please feel free to comment or give any suggestions or criticisms.
Thanks again for all your continued support in reading my story. It means a lot.
-Niamhxoxo