Chapter 20

After visiting the beach, Chappo brought me to my physio appointment. I sat waiting nervously in the waiting room, I had always hated waiting rooms. I hadn't realised I'd zoned out until Chappo had to shake me to get my attention. Sarah was ready for me (and Chappo) He was still insisting to go with me.

The physio went well. I was able to stand on my good leg for 5 minutes with my hand on Chappo's shoulder. I stood on my bad leg for a whole minute aswell. Next appointment we're going to try walking. After the physio we headed for lunch. We bought some sandwiches and drinks and went down to the beach to eat them.

We picked a quiet spot at the south end and sat down. I pulled my iPod and speaker out of my backpack. I looked at Chappo and smirked. "I will now introduce you to the other side oft music taste."

That lunch date was perfect. We sat there laughing our butts off while I played songs such as alphabet aerobics and rappers delight. Chappo didn't expect songs like that to be on my playlist.

I sat, leaning on his shoulder, and hands intertwined. He reached up and brushed a strand of my frizzy hair from my face. "I love learning new things about you, you are just so amazing and surprising I love it. I love you." I sat there, leaned back and looked him in the eyes. It was the first time he told me he loved me. And gosh I love him too. "I love you, too."

We stayed on the beach a good while longer. We didn't speak, we didn't need to. We were enjoying the peace... then Maxi and Azza drove up in the rhino to patrol. They decided to park right beside us. Maxi decided to be lazy and let Azza do all the rescues. We had a great laugh, at Azza's expense, when he flipped over on the rescue board.

As Chappo went to get my wheelchair (we had left it in the tower) I took the opportunity to ask Azza a question that had been on my mind for awhile. "Azza, can I ask you something?" Azza turned to look at me, "Of course Tiff, anything." He sat down beside me. "I have movement in my leg again, it's just extremely weak, but I'm getting there. I was wondering if you would maybe teach me how to swim? I'd like to surprise Chappo." I sighed, I knew I was asking too much. "Tiff, I would love to!"

***
Hi guys!! Thank you for 14k reads!!
I have really important exams in 3 weeks time, so I may not be updating too much till after them.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Please feel free to comment!

-Niamhxoxo