Chapter 7

I sat in my room and closed the journal. My head starts to hurt and I sighed rubbing it. I sat up straight when I felt myself being watched. The room was empty, but why do I felt that theirs a presence here. I stood up from my bed and looked around the room. I find the room empty and nothing seems odd.

"God, I'm going crazy. I need fresh air." I said to myself and walked out of my room.

I walked the stairs and towards the backyard. As I opened the door I see a beautiful garden of roses blooming from the light of the moon. I inhaled the fresh air as it flew gently by the wind. I walked around the garden and touched the petals in each rose.

"Wonder who grew them." I crouched in front of a purple rose and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I quickly stood up and turned to face Subaru who looked really angry.

"I was getting a fresh air and I went here and saw this beautiful garden so I walked around admiring the beauty." I said to him.

"Your lying."

"What else do you think I'm gonna do our here?" I asked him.

"Escape." He said.

"What's the point of escaping when you 6 can track my scent? Besides if I want to escape I will bring Yui with me and then again you guys will find us or other vampires will." I crossed my arms.

"Why aren't you afraid of us?" He asked me.

"Why should I?"

"We drink blood. Your kind is our pray don't you get that? We are dangerous." He grabbed both of my wrist.

"So do we. People get killed, raped, kidnapped and other people eat other people. Hell they even drink blood even though they're not vampires." He looked down at my wrist that has a butterfly on it changing the subject.

"Is that a tattoo?" He asked.

"No, I was born with it." I shrugged.

"...I see." He says.

"Well it's nice talking to you and I'm sure you need some alone time, bye now!" I quickly jerked my wrist away and ran inside the mansion as quickly as I can before his mind could process what just happened.

I closed the door and sighed before standing up and walked to the kitchen to drink water before I stop when I heard a sound of a piano playing. I fixed my sleeve and followed the source of the melody. I walked inside a room to see Laito playing a piano. As soon as he was done I then clapped my hands and his head looks up.

"Sorry, didn't mean to barge in. I just heard music playing and I was curious." I said to him with honesty.

"I will let that slide, slut-chan. Since you liked it. Do you know how to play?" He moved aside and pat a space next to him.

"Maybe a thing of two. I could sing since I lived in the streets and that's the only job I had." I sat next to him and looked him into his eyes.

It shows sadness in them and he soon broke the eye contact.

"Okay, play me a song and you can sing if you want." I nodded and thought of a song as I practice the keys of which to start.

"I usually do this to see where to start." I smiled and placed both hand on the keys.

I then started to play she's not me by Zara Larsson.

[Playing She's not me by Zara Larsson]

She doesn't love you,
Like I do
She have my name

However she tries,
To act like it
She'll never be the same