"I heard what you said, but I dare you to say it again about my mate."  I growled ready to snap at them at any moment.

Just then one of the wolf pulled back on his friend, smart move, "You...you're mate?"  He looked shocked.  Of course he did.

"Why, did I stutter pup?"

"No..no...I just um..."

"Kevin!"  Just then another voice entered this small diner one filled with authority.  Another Alpha.

The Alpha with his back straight stomped up to us, "Sorry Alpha Hunter, but Kevin lacks manners."

Nodding my head, "Well you should put him in his place Alpha Adrian."  Yes, I know of him.  I made it my business to know who the Alpha's are in this crazy world. 

Though we Alpha's don't like being told what to do, I on the other hand is very well known in these part of lands. During this year, everyone has heard about me and my pack going head on with Alpha Conrad in his pack.  Now they know not to mess with me especially my mate.

Alpha Adrian looked towards TY, "Your mate?"

Turning around to glance at her she had shrunk more into the chair, "Leave now."  I barked at the wolves before me.

Alpha Adrian understood.  TY was scared.  Soon enough I watched Alpha Adrian take his pack out of this diner.

Taking a seat, "Taylor, they are gone."  Bring her out of her state of shock, she gave me a small smile.  "Don't worry, I promise you no one will harm you."  I rubbed a finger on her hand.

Back on the road the clouds had darken letting us know of pending rain that's soon upon us.

As I had the music playing, we heard a loud pop as the car had swerve into a small ditch.

TY once again was trembling in fear.  Grabbing hold of her hand, "Shh..Taylor it's okay.  It was just the tires.  You wait here."  I had kissed her forehead to calm her down before looking at the car for damage.

Our tire was trapped in a tiny hole and what's worse, a nail punctured it leaving it flat.

Checking for a spare in the back when it started to rain and the spare was no more.

Fuck.  Just my luck.

Opening TY's door, "Come, we will walk."  We couldn't stay here.  The longer we stay here, the more we will attract unwanted wolves.

Hesitating, TY had taken my hand as I gently guided her out.  We were only about an hour away from our home, 30 minutes away if we shifted into our wolves we could run but I doubt Mia is up to running all the way home.  Besides asking TY to shift might put a strain on her body. 

10 minutes into our walk, I held TY around her hips.  She was struggling to walk straight but she didn't complain.  Just then rain had pour from the sky as we had to take shelter.  The sun had gone and now the moon was our only line of light.

We couldn't walk, not in these parts seeing I am not familiar with this side.  We might end up lost or worse end up in another wolves territories. 

Holding TY making sure she is not far away from me, we headed underneath a big oak tree that had leaves sprouting every where.  We took shelter.

Sitting on the ground I manage to start a fire as TY leaned her back against the tree, she shivered from the cold night.

She sat away from me and already I had miss her warmth.

"Are you cold?"  She nodded her head.

Scooting over next to her, she didn't stray away instead she leaned her head against my shoulders closing her eyes.

I had miss this, miss us.  I listened to her breathing, it came out in shallow even breaths.  She was finally asleep until I had felt a presence surrounding us.  Slowly laying her down and removing my shirt to place it over her, I stood up carefully looking around.

I saw 6 sets of beady eyes within the darkness followed by low threading growls.  Rogues!  6 of them.

Crap.  We are surrounded by the smell of rotting flesh.  Soon all 6 rouges came out of hiding.  If I couldn't smell they I wouldn't be able to have sense them after all their fur had camouflage with the night.

Shifting into my wolf Tray we stood next to TY.  If anyone come's even close to her I will rip out their throats.

I watched as my ears picked up, their growls salivating their jaws.  I growled back warning them to stay away. 

I was bigger than most wolves and these wolves doesn't even come close to my size however taking on 6 wild rogues and trying to protect my mate would be a challenge for me.

The rain had continued to pour seeming to dance to our advances.

Without warning, the first wolf made a jump towards me as I too had jumped ahead trying not to stray away from my mate.  I had to be near her just in case another wolf decided to attack her while she sleeps.

Another had nipped at my tail while I had tried to throw the wolf of my back.  I whimpered and growled trying to get the advantage. 

Unfortunately luck is not at my side when all 6 rouges had pounce on me.  I could feel blood coating my fur, my vision had blurred but my mind telling me if I stop now, then my mate will be as good as dead.