•13• It's pretty chilly out

Jakes POV

"I can't seem to get away from you guys." Says Dr Monroe smiling. I called an ambulance for Kayla after she passed out. I didn't know her anxiety was this bad.She's hooked up to the machines , I'm guessing it's so check her breathing and heart rate. "How you feeling?" Asks the doctor. "Tired." Kayla replies. "Do you remember what happened?" Kayla looks at me. "She had a panic attack , I sat her down but she passed out pretty quickly." Dr Monroe nods. "Have you ever had an attack this bad?" Kayla shakes her head. "Right... I'll book you in for a councilor, after you guys have a session together we will decide if you will be needing medication or not. It's your choice if you decide to take it." Kayla nods slowly taking it all in.

••••••••••••••

Kayla's POV

Stay strong. You've broken down far too much over the past months. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "You never told me how bad your anxiety was." Says Jake panting. "Did you run to catch up with me?" He nods taking quick breaths. " You avoided the question." No shit Jake. "Are you just going to keep walking? Kayla! Babe stop." I turn around glaring. "What?!" I yell angry. "I just want to help you. Why didn't you tell me about your anxiety?" I huff looking around the street. "I'm not going to have this conversation in the middle of the street. " BEEP BEEP
"Hey kids."

Who the fuck... of course it's her. "Need a ride? It's pretty chilly out." I look at Jake giving him the eye.
"Yeah, that would be great Sarah. "Says Jake grinning at me. "You're such a dick. " I whisper walking over to the car. "If you're not going to talk to me about it,  you're talking to Sarah. " I shake my head. "Jake you can go to the back." Says Sarah laughing. He said yes to this ride to wind me up. "Where we going then?" Asks Sarah pulling her glasses off her head to read the sat nav. "26 Carcic Road, my house." Says Jake. I stare out the window trying to not looked pissed off. "You guys okay? I sense tension." Says Sarah looking towards Jake on the mirror. I don't answer her, but of course Jake does. "Kayla has something to tell you." I whip my head round to face Jake. "Don't you dare." He looks towards Sarah ignoring me. "It's her anxiety..."
" Jake shut the fuck up." I say turning to face the road. I look at Sarah from the corner of my eye , her eyes show concern. "I'm only trying to help. " says Jake holding his hands up."You're not doing a good job." I whisper my leg jiggling with anger. "We're here." Says Sarah turning off her sat nav. "Thanks for the ride, see you in school." Jake gets out the car. "Kayla? You coming?" Yells Jake through the window. "See you tomorrow." He nods. "I know you're mad but if you falling out with me causes you to open up it's worth it." He walks away. I watch him until the door closes behind him. "I'm sorry." I whisper feeling a hand on my leg. "It's okay, he's right you know. " She moves her hand and starts driving. "I don't want to talk about it." I say pulling out my phone. "That's okay, but are you feeling okay?" I stop typing. "I'm fine."
Sarah smiles sadly and I continue to type....
Wentworth Centre
This place looks like an actual prison.
"Jesus Christ, my cousins friend used to live there, said it was hell. " I look at her and laugh slightly. "I'm getting transferred there... tomorrow." Her face drops. "No , you can't be." I look at her sadly. "Yes, I can and I am."

••••••••••••••

I watch through the window as winter plays in our backyard. She looks so happy. "How are you going to tell her?" I whip my head round to see Jason. "It will break her heart." I face the window. "I know, I love her like a sister." I feel Jason place his hand on my sister. "And I love you like a sister, but sisters stay together no matter what." I bite my lip. "True. Who's going to be there when she has another nightmare or worries about her Dad or..." Jason places a finger on my lips. "She'll be fine... I'll do those things. I'll make sure she's okay." Winter waves towards us then continues playing. "How bad was it Jason?" He looks confused. "Wentworth." He sighs shaking his head. "Pretty bad. If you keep your head down you should be fine." I nod. "Kayla! Come down stairs please." Yells Kelly. I furrow my eyebrows. "What's that about?" Asks Jason. "I have no idea." I whisper. "Kayla!" I jump. "For fucks sake.I'm walking the now!" I yell while Jason laughs.

•••••••••••••••

"So let me get this right... you want to adopt me?" I ask shocked. "If that's okay with you of course." I nod at her response. "But if you don't want to that's absolutely fine , I've only known you for a few months and I get it if you..." I interrupt. "Sarah... I would love for you to adopt me." I smile. She pulls me into a hug. "I couldn't stand here and let you go live in that horrible place." She says into my shoulder."Thank you so much."
Kelly smiles." I just need you to sign some papers."