1. unpacking

I'm making Duff an only child in this story becuase I couldn't find enough about his brother.

They're still in highschool. Slash and Steven are best friends. Izzy and Axl live in Lafayette, they are friends Duff met on the internet.

Duffs pov:

I grab my bag out of the trunk.
I look at our new house.

My mom opens the door.
I take my bag upstairs and open the door to my room.

There is a bed and a matress. That's it. All our other stuff is still in the moving truck.

I look out of the window.
I see two people talking to each other in the garden across our house.

I see it's a woman with her son. He has long hair too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with long hair, eventhoug I don't care what people think of me.

I start to unpack my bag.
After some time I look out of the window again. I see the boy walking with a pug. My heart feels really warm when I can see his face. He is hot.

After half an hour I've fully unpacked my bag. I look out of my window again. The boy has returned. The dog is back inside. I see the boy and the woman walking to our front door.

I hear the doorbell ring.
I walk down stairs.

I see my mom opening the door.
The boy and his mother stand in the door opening.

"Hi. We're your neighbours from across the street." She says.

"I'm Deanna Adler. This is my son, Steven Adler." She says.

"I'm Marie McKagan." My mom says. I stand next to her.

"And this is Duff. My son." She says.
I just smile at them.
Steven smiles back at me.

"I guess you two are going to the same high school. Maybe you can show him around." Deanna says looking at me and then at Steven.

I look at him. He nods. His hair bounces up and down.

"Sure." he says.
His lips part as he speaks. I look at them.

Stop staring!
I quickly look at a tree behind him.

"I guess you need to go further with unpacking. I'd love to have you over for coffee sometime." Deanna says.

"That sounds lovely." my mother says.

We continue unpacking our bags.

"Okay thanks." I hear my mom say when she ends a phone call.
I look at her.

"The moving truck had some trouble. It will arrive tomorow." My mom says.

"So we don't have our stuff till tomorow?" I ask.

"Yes." my mom says.

"We have a bed but no pillows or blankets. We can buy new ones, we had to do that anyway." she says.

I just nod at her.

"Are you done unpacking all your stuff?" she asks.

"Yeah." I say

We grab our coat and we go to the store.

We buy pillows and blankets.
"I hope they're carefull with my bass." I say when we put the pillows in the trunk.