"Spend (in charity) out of the sustenance that We have bestowed on you before that time when death will come to someone, and he shall say: "O my Lord! If only you would grant me reprieve for a little while, then I would give in charity, and be among the righteous." 

[ Al Munafiqun : 10 ]

Here it is to be noted that the dying person does not say salaah or fasting or any other act of worship, he says charity! Charity! He wants to be given redemption before death so he could go give charity and save himself, save his soul, save his akhirah. Scholars say he chooses charity owing to the great difference it makes in his scales and it really does Subhanallah!

We are encouraged to give sadaqah as much as we can in our lifetime because a believer on the Judgement Day would be under the shade of the sadaqah that he gave. His charity is what would save him in that intense heat and terrible situations, circumstances whose mere thoughts send us shuddering with fear. Allahu Akbar!

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also said: "Give charity without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity." 

[ Tirmidhi : 589 ]

In a narration of Sahih Al Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 524, it is noted that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "Every Muslim has to give in charity." The people then asked: "(But what) if someone has nothing to give, what should he do?" The Prophet (pbuh) replied: "He should work with his hands and benefit himself and also give in charity (from what he earns)." The people further asked: "If he cannot find even that?" He (pbuh) replied: "He should help the needy who appeal for help." Then the people asked: "If he cannot do (even) that?" The Prophet (pbuh) said finally: "Then he should perform good deeds and keep away from evil deeds, and that will be regarded as charitable deeds."

Now before you start, let me tell you I am aware that most of us over here are still students or are people who are just settling in with their brand new jobs and with millions of obligations. Most of us are still financially dependent on our parents for so many things and could not give much from out of our own pockets. Money is a bit tight, I understand but for all of us who are in this situation, there are so many alternatives!

“Every good deed is sadaqah (charity). To meet your brother with a smiling face and to pour out from your bucket into his container are sadaqah.”

[ At Tirmidhi : 1956 ]

So basically you can give sadaqah without even opening your wallets! It would not cost anything for you to smile. Smile. That is what you'd have to do for your first assignment.

A few muscles moved, a brilliant smile formed and tada! You have given sadaqah! MashaAllah tabarakallah!

Such a simple task. It puts you in a good mood, it puts the people around you in a good mood. You give off positive vibes, you give off a good impression as a Muslim/ Muslimah, it does good for your psychological, emotional and spiritual aspects and you've even gained the reward of giving sadaqah! Subhanallah!

Keep smiling. Keep gaining rewards. Keep changing the world around you for the better.

Smile!

Smile as much as you can until I give you your next assignment.

Assalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakatuhu! 😄

*****

Hey! Touch your lips! Are you smiling?