6. You Should've Told Me

I was trying to push with all of my might but I couldn't because it hurt so much. The nurses kept telling me to keep going and that I was almost there but I thought that this was never going to end. Then I feel a hard squeeze on my hand and then I open my eyes to see Magnus standing by my side.

Alec: Ma-Magnus?

Magnus: Listen to me, Alexander we can't have this conversation now because you're giving birth to a baby. What I need you to do is that you need to be strong and if there is anything that I have ever seen from you on work days is that you are strong. Now push man, PUSH!

I don't know why but I felt a new sense of strength as soon as Magnus had said those words. I went ahead and pushed with all my might and Magnus held my hands all the way through the pain. Through the screams, I could feel something move out of my stomach and I knew that was Maxine.

Dr.Jem: Keep going Alec, I see hair she's almost out.

I kept going and I felt more of Maxine coming out of me.

Magnus: You're almost there, keep going.

After a while, I heard a little wale and I opened my wide eyes. I was breathing and when Magnus was trying to calm me down I saw a bunch of nurses cleaning Maxine. Then Dr.Jem carried Maxine all the way to Magnus and me.

Dr.Jem: Here's Maxine.

Maxine was then in my arms and all I could do was just stare at my beautiful daughter. She was so tiny and beautiful. I couldn't believe that at this moment, I'm holding my baby daughter.

Magnus: She's so beautiful.

Alec: She really is.

After a few seconds went by and Izzy came into the room in a rush.

Izzy: Alec?

Alec: Maxine's here.

Izzy went close to me and she saw her niece right where I was holding her. I may not be able to read Izzy's mind but just from her facial expression that she was shocked and happy seeing her.

Izzy: Could I hold her?

Alec: Sure.

I gave Maxine to Izzy and both girls had looked into each other's eyes. Izzy looked up at Magnus and I and she had a determined look on her face.

Izzy: Okay you two, I know that this a happy moment but you guys have to talk things out. I'll be outside with everyone else and you guys tell me when I can come back in the room.

Izzy exited the room and it was just Magnus and me alone. The doctors and nurses had left the room after Maxine was given to me to hold. I don't know why but it was just filled with so much awkwardness that I didn't even know if Magnus or I was going to say anything. Then after a few minutes went by Magnus started to speak.

Magnus: Alexander I'm only going to ask you this once, why didn't you tell me about what happened? When I was telling you that I was forgetting something, was that night that we slept together the thing I was forgetting?

Alec: Yes...Yes, it was. And I didn't tell you because we were both drunk and I knew that what we did that night didn't mean anything. Plus I didn't even know that I was pregnant until I started to notice that I was throwing up a lot and I was having constant mood swings. Then I took a test and the results were positive. As for the reason, I didn't tell you was that I didn't want to ruin your life with this. Think about it if word got out that you and I slept together then everyone would think that I did it just so that way I could get a better position and have more money coming from you when it wasn't true. Even if we did tell the truth everyone would just think that we made it up so that way we wouldn't get caught.

Magnus: First of all, everyone knows that you're my favorite employee you know?

Alec: I am?

Magnus: Yes, why else do you think I hired you as my secretary? Not only were you qualified for it but also because I wanted to be closer to you.

Alec: You did?

Magnus: Yes and if there was anyone that I would want to sleep with it would be you.

I didn't know what to say, Magnus came out with all of this and it just left me speechless.

Magnus: Alec I know that it isn't right of me to ask this but...do you think that maybe we could start over and try to work things out?

Alec: Yeah, I would like that but without the drinking and sleeping together part?

Magnus: Definitely yes.

Alec: Good, I mean I'm glad that Maxine is apart of our life but I don't think that we could have another kid after me barely giving birth.

Magnus: Agreed.