6. What Was That?

Lilith: YOU IDIOTS, YOU LET HIM GET AWAY!

Lilith appeared right behind us.

Lilith: How could you let him get away like that?

Simon: Who?

Lilith: My son!

Simon: That thing is your son?

Lilith: Yes, but he's been cursed so people could see him as nothing but a demon.

Alec: Look we didn't know that was him, but if it makes you feel any better we have the box.

I took out the box, and Lilith quickly snatched it from my hands.

Lilith: Give me that! Oh you children could never understand what a mother's love is.

Alec: We're sorry, but if we see him again then will make sure to catch him.

Lilith: You better, because if you let him slip through your finger again then you will suffer my wrath.

Lilith disappeared with the box, and left us alone. At the same time, the girls came up to us.

Clary: Guys!

Jace: Are we glad to ever see you guys again?

Clary: What happened? You guys look like you just saw a ghost, or something.

Magnus: Something like that.

We explained what happened, but no one was shocked with finding something crazy. At least, that was what Clary, Izzy, and Camille were doing.

Clary: We found out why Lilith is so obsessed with wanting to bring her son back.

Simon: Why?

Clary took out a book, and laid it on the floor. She opened, and showed a picture of a family.

Jace: What is this?

Clary: This Lilith's family, the Darvel's. They existed years ago in this place, before it became a mansion it was church that was called the Church of Talto. That's where the family lived in, ever since it was built.

Jace: That explains the baby room then.

Clary: Many years later, a man named Valentine Morgenstern tried to kidnap Lilith's baby Jonathan but it failed because a maiden that was working in the church saw him. She warned Lilith and Asmodeus about it, but Valentine was about to make his escape with the baby. Asmodeus and him fought, while Lilith used this time to take Jonathan and get him somewhere safe. Yet during that time, Valentine grabbed out a match and lit the church on fire. The flames surrounded everyone who was in there, and the only survivor that was left was Lilith. Sadly, she saw her husband and her son die in the fire. After the realization hit, Lilith had hanged herself in a barn that survived the fire and that's the end.

Jace: But what about the demon?

Clary: It could be what people have been theorizing over the years. Residents that lived near the church have said that when they walk by, they thought they saw a mother holding a baby. Others have claimed that during the night they will hear a mother's screech saying 'Jonathan, where are you?' Others have said that they saw a man, and they think the baby survived and was raised by a family that found him and raised him. Now that he is all grown up, he went to see his real family and where they were.

Simon: But Lilith said that Jonathan was cursed.

Clary: Cursed?

Simon: She said something about her son being cursed, and people end up seeing a monster not her son.

Clary: The book doesn't mention any curses.

Alec: In any case, we should get a move on. It's only 10:30, we have to find the other objects.

Izzy: We only have the box, and the..where's the ring?

Clary: It was right here!

Camille: I swear Fray if you dropped it!

Clary: I knew I had it, I would've noticed if the ring was gone.

Magnus: Maybe Lilith took it, like she took the box.

Alec: In any case, let's keep looking.

We looked through the house, and then we all came across a hallway. It wasn't pleasant at all, not that I was scared of it but someone was because I felt their hand on mine. I looked to see who it was, and I saw that it was Magnus.

Magnus: Sorry.

Magnus tried to pull away, but I kept a grip on it to make sure that neither of us would let go.

Alec: It's okay.

We kept walking down the hall, and again...the lights went out. When the lights went up, Magnus and I were in a different room. It was just the two of us, and no one else.

Magnus: What happened?

Clary: Guys!

Magnus: Clary, we're in this room!

Clary: Which room?

Magnus: We're in a room with a large piano in it.

Clary: Hold on, Jace and I are trying to break down the door but it's not budging!

Camille: AHHH! I'M ALL ALONE! MAGNUS, MY DARLING, WHERE ARE YOU?!?

Simon: WE'RE LOCKED IN TOO!

We all tried to break down our door, but it wasn't working either.

Lilith: I told you my children that this is a game.