★ n i n e : c a r l ★

"There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved."
—George Sand

__________________________

Imagine buying Carl's favourite vegan snack for him while he's resting for the day.

Carl was laying down on the emerald-green sofa, his smooth, pale legs being stretched out. He had been consistently rehearsing for the forthcoming concert, which was to be held one week later. Exertion and lethargy felt evident to Carl; his muscles were feeling strained and sore. But, why wouldn't he feel this way? Since he was a drummer who possessed energy, he'd bound to feel physical exhaustion.

Suddenly, realisation had hit Carl: his favourite vegan trail mix cookies had ran out. Carl facepalmed and felt perturbed. He let out a deep sigh and began biting his nails. Carl had forgot to inform you to purchase the cookies while you were out grocery shopping.

"How could I be so forgetful?" Carl questioned himself, "they're my most favourite vegan snack!" Carl decided to purchase them sometime tomorrow, even though he desperately wanted the cookies today.

****

Half an hour later, you arrived home, gripping onto two shopping bags. You placed one bag down in order to ring the bell.
As soon as Carl opened the door, you greeted him politely and grinned at him. Carl couldn't help but smile back.

He assisted you putting the groceries in their respective places when suddenly he held out a bag of vegan trail mix cookies, his favourite vegan snack. His eyes widened at the sight of them and he let out a gasp.
"Y/N, you bought me my favourite vegan snack!" Carl exclaimed as he turned his attention to you.

As you finally finished placing the groceries, you turned your attention to Carl. You walked over to him and beamed. His deep-brown eyes, as rich as earths soil, radiated, causing your heart to melt. Carl placed the cookie packet onto the counter next to him and pulled you into a hug. You reciprocated and felt relaxed in his arms. Carl planted a kiss on top of your head, causing your cheeks to transform into a crimson shade.
"You are so attentive of my needs, Y/N". Thank you so much!"
"Why wouldn't I be? If I wasn't, then it wouldn't be true love", you responded in a tender tone.

Carl felt delighted that he had you by his side.