★ t w e n t y - t h r e e : c a r l ★

"Without the intense touch of nature, you can never fully freshen yourself! Go for a camping and there both your weary mind and your exhausted body will rise like a morning sun!"
—Mehmet Murat ildan
__________________________________

Imagine going out camping with Carl.

It was late in the afternoon. The sun was slowly descending below the horizon, creating many vibrant colours in the sky: both warm and cool. The camping site radiated with beauty. It was covered with tall, slender trees which danced majestically when a gush of wind blew. The lake at the site glistened in the sunlight, which added charm to the place. The ground was covered in trimmed, bright, green grass with slight dirt patches being visible, making it perfect for the tent to be placed up.

Both you and Carl had with you everything you needed for the camping trip.  The plan was to camp for three nights. It was your first ever one and you felt slightly agitated but also excited. As you both placed the bag, which had the tent inside it, the two of you faced each other. Carl could detect the slight apprehension in your eyes and looked concerned.
"You seem a bit frightened, Y/N. Don't worry. I won't let any wild animals chew you up", he chuckled.

A smile painted across your face. Carl pulled you in closer towards him and brushed his lips against your cheek. You both proceeded wrapping your arms around each other protectively. You found yourself shutting your eyes and inhaled his cologne, an oriental and rich scent that was defined by vanilla and cinnamon. You felt yourself in bliss.

Then, you gaze into his almost-black eyes, your arms still wrapped around him. They told thousands of tales and spoke of kindness. They added to his purity and sheer innocence. You softly pressed your lips onto his and felt your heart rate quicken.

After a few moments, you pull away and smile at him.
"I know I'm not overly apprehensive because I know you're here to look out for me", you spoke.
"I wouldn't want anything to happen to my queen".
"I love you, my king".
Carl then lifts you off your feet, spins you around and passionately kisses you. He then places you back down and carresses your cheek.
"Come on, let's set the tent up", you say and the two of you proceeded setting it up.

After fifteen minutes, the tent had been set up. Also within another fifteen minutes, items inside of the tent had been placed, making it feel like home. At times embarrassing errors were made whilst setting up the tent, causing the two of you in erupt into laughter.

You both scanned the tent, ensuring it was liveable. You smiled in satisfaction.
"Looks like a beauty", you commented.
"Yes, you do", Carl instantly replied and you found yourself blushing at his sincerely, sympathetic words. You peck his lips and wrap an arm around his waist.

Suddenly, the blustery wind blew, causing you to shiver. The clothes you were wearing were not enough to keep you warm from the weather. Carl eyes you, feeling sorry. He commenced unzipping his Afghan coat and pulled you closer to him. Once you were only a centimetre away from him, he zipped it up again and you found yourself zipped inside of the coat with him. Instantly, you felt your body warm up and didn't feel as cold as ice. It felt like a heater. Carl gives you an eskimo kiss and smirks at you.

"Silly, Y/N. Did you underestimate the weather for this afternoon?"
Your face heated up in embarrassment and you looked away.
"Stop it, Carl!"
"You'll never make me". He pokes his tongue out at you. Your heart always smiled at his humour.
"Maybe instead of using the heater, I should warm up myself like this", you say and give him a wink.
"It'll be good for me too since I'll be stuck with my favourite person ever".
"I love you".
"I love you more".

***

It was 10:30pm. Both of you felt full after consuming two, large toasted marshmallows but you enjoyed how creamy they were. Prior having the marshmallows, you had your dinner, which were the homemade chicken schnitzel burgers with fries and salad. Carl helped you prepare them. He always helped you with the cooking whenever he could. You were heading to sleep now as a surge of fatigue hit you two.

You nestled up with Carl and planted a kiss on his lips. The light was out so you now could sleep. Both of your arms were wrapped around each other. You couldn't wait to spend the next few days camping with him. Plentiful memories were surly going to be created. The more his presence was near you, the more your slight fear faded away.

"Goodnight, my darling", Carl whispers lovingly.
"Goodnight, gorgeous", you responded and pecked his lips before drifting off to sleep.