★ t w e n t y - e i g h t : g r e g ★

"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."
—Plato
___________________________________
Imagine Greg singing to you during bedtime.

The clock struck at ten in the evening and you were beginning to feel sluggish. You had a long day at work and at times you were finding it cumbersome to keep your eyes open after arriving back home. You were laying down on the bed on your side with your legs stretched out. Your night attire was a satin, knee-length dress which was sleeveless and in titanium white. The window was open and the sheer, white curtains fluttered gently as the early, springs day wind blew. The lamp on the side table was switched on and the entire room was lit up with incandescent lighting.

Suddenly, the record player begins playing a slow, love ballad which seeped of delight. You lifted your head up to see it was Greg standing by the record player with his arm resting on the table. The two of you exchanged smiles and you felt a sensation of rhapsody fill your heart up. He proceeds walking towards you and lays down on the bed beside you. He was wearing black and white striped pyjamas with his navy-blue night socks. You turn to face him and bury your face into his chest. You two wrap your arms around each other protectively.

Greg begins singing the song spinning on the record to you in a silvery voice which was pleasant to the ears. You gazed up into his eyes while he sang and saw stars in them. They whirled around in an endless motion and contrasted beautifully with his warm-toned eyes. You brushed away the bangs from his forehead and peck your lips on it. He looked fixedly into your gaze and ran his calloused hand through your hair. The more he sang, the more at ease you felt and your slightly tense muscles loosened up.

Time had flown by in the speed of light and the song had ended. Then, you cup his face into your hands and slowly lean in closer. Your breath tickles his lips and he chuckles shyly. The distance between you two contracts and you soon found your lips pressed onto his soft, moist ones. He rolls over and you realised you were laying on top of him. He felt firm enough for you to lay on top of him for hours.

As you kissed, you ran your hands through his hair passionately while his hands were snaked around your waist, mildly rubbing them too. You felt a tingle of bliss and the sparks felt as monumental as fireworks. You begin imprinting adoring kisses starting from his cheek, working your way down to his jaw and neck. His grip on your body tightened a little as you did that and his heart raced a million miles per hour. Then, he brings your face closer towards him and you both share a butterfly kiss, fluttering your eyelashes against each other's.

You roll off on top of him and take a hold of his hand. You kiss the top of it and smile at him.
"You have no idea how loved you make me feel, Greg".
"If not you, then who else?"
"I consider myself more than just lucky to have you".
"I feel even more luckier though. Look at you. Every woman should aspire to be as amazing as you".
You turn crimson red over his words and sighed  with adoration.
"I love you".
"I love you even more, Y/N".

Moments later, a wave of lethargy washes over you. You collapse into Greg's arms and before you drift off to sleep, you wish him a goodnights sleep.
"Goodnight, my love", Greg whispers and kisses your scalp. He continuously strokes your hair for five minutes before falling asleep himself.