★ t w e n t y - n i n e : c a r l ★

"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love."
—Leo Buscaglia
___________________________________
Imagine spending time with Carl at a park.

The freshly mowed grass stretched across the park and was covered in lush, slender trees which danced happily when a gush of wind blew. The clouds were breaking away slowly, revealing a part of the bright, blue sky from behind. 

Your arm was wrapped around Carl's hip while his hand was snaked around your neck. You were both enjoying a long walk and were walking on the narrow, dirt walking path. Both of you were admiring the beauty of nature that surrounded you.

"I'll say this one last time: you radiate much more grace and beauty", you cooed and beamed at Carl which caused his cheeks to transform into a rosy shade.
"Take that back. You're much more beautiful", Carl said and pecked your lips.
"Just you try and take that back from me", you playfully mocked Carl and gave him a wink.

The two of you had circuited around the park and you decided to call it for the day. However, Carl had his gaze fixed on the playground that sat in the centre of the park. There was no one present there.
"W-would you like to maybe spend a bit more time in the playground?" Carl asked shyly.
"That sounds sweet. Of course!"

So, you both linked your arms together then started walking towards the playground. As soon as you two set afoot onto the auburn, pour-in-place rubber surface, you decided what you wanted to do first.
"Maybe we can go on the swing", you suggested.
Carl smiled broadly at the idea and followed you to the belt swings. You carefully sat yourself down onto it and waited for Carl to sit down on the one beside you.

Out of the blue, you felt someone from behind pushing you: it was Carl. You turned around and smiled at him. He puckered his lips at you endearingly. Your hand was griped tightly on the swing and shut your eyes, feeling the excitement and ecstasy fill your senses.

You found yourself flying higher the more he pushed you.  The cool breeze caressed your face while you were swinging. You pictured yourself in a fantasy wonderland, skipping among the clouds and floating across the pale, blue sky. You were on cloud nine.

"Ok, I'm done now enjoying some time in the hundredth dimension", you joked and you scraped your feet across the rubber ground until you finally came to a halt. 
"Let's go on the slide!" Carl spoke enthusiastically. The two of you then raced each other to the slide. Carl was the first to reach the top and stuck his tongue out at you.
"Looks like someone will have to cook up dinner for me", Carl said mockingly.
"Hey! There was no deal!" You cried out.
"Well, I've made it now".
You refused to admit defeat and playfully smacked him across his well-toned back.

Then, Carl sits down and positions himself in the centre of the slide. You pushed him down and he slides down quickly in the speed of light. He was now standing up and facing you at the bottom of the slide waving at you.
"Your turn, Y/N!"
You sit yourself down and similarly positioned yourself in the centre of the slide like Carl did. On the count of three, you push yourself and slide down. The entire sliding experience felt smooth and was very quick.

Carl had his arms out and was smiling at you. Much to your relish, he catches you. You fall on top of him and both of you erupt into laughter. The two of you roll over on top of each other for some time until you were hovering over Carl. His pupils expanded and his heart was beating like a hammer. Without any hesitations, he pulls you into a deep, passionate kiss. He wraps your arms around your waist whilst you ran your hands through his long, brunette locks. You kiss his scalp and inhaled the scent of his hair: Moroccan oil. The sparks that flew around you both felt as spectacular as fireworks on New Years Day. Your heart was pounding out of your chest and felt your cheeks heat up.

You then began planting kisses across Carl's jawline and all the way down to his neck and the side of it. You then made your way back up until you locked your eyes into his deep, brown eyes which were as rich as earth's soil. You two shared smiles and also an eskimo smile, much to both of your rapture.

After laying in each other's arms for a bit of time, you hopped off Carl and the both of you stood up. You laced your fingers into his and felt the warmth of his hands ease you.
"Shall we head off now?" Carl asked.
"Unless you want to go on the see-saw", you mocked then let out a chuckle, being aware of the notion that Carl despised see-saws.
"Why do you have to be so cruel?" Carl spoke sarcastically and made puppy eyes.
"Because you're worth all the mockery".
"I feel so hurt".
"Aw! Looks to me I'll have to cook you up that dinner to cheer you up".
"Only if you want to".
"Don't worry. I'd love to cook up something for my king, especially since he made this walking trip so magical". You brush away the wispy bangs from his forehead with one hand and plant a kiss on his forehead.
"Shall we head off then?" You ask him.
Carl nods and the two of you begin walking.

As you start walking, you feel a sharp pain behind your heels and on your pinky toes. It prevents you from walking properly.
You scrunch your face in discomfort and realise they must be friction blisters. You assumed the shoes you were wearing were the correct size. Turns out they weren't after all.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Cark asks. Concern was written all over his face.
"Friction blisters...the shoes".
"Take it easy, darling". Carl takes your hand, kisses the back of it and squeezes it tightly. "I'll get you new shoes. I promise".
"You don't have-"
"I want to. That's that".
"You're too kind, Carl".

He sows a kiss on your cheek and then unexpectedly lifts you up from the ground. He was now carrying you with his brawny pair of arms. You gasped and felt hesitant about his idea since you did not want to wear him out.
"Carl, are you sure about this? I don't want you to drop dead".
"Y/N, you're as light as a feather. And, we're only ten minutes away from home. Plus, I like this".
"If you say so".

You had your arms wrapped around his neck and gazed into his eyes which told a thousand tales. The journey back home delighted you because as you were being held by the man you dearly loved, you heard the pleasant chirping of the birds along the way and witnessed the overall beauty of the park. You never had enjoyed yourself so much at a park as a child as much as you had today.
"I want us to come here everyday, during every season and any time of the day", you demand.
"Always".