★ s e v e n t e e n : c a r l ★

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
—Audrey Hepburn

_________________________________
Imagine surprising your husband Carl with a special gift. 

You were sitting down comfortably on the burgundy, velvet sofa and had a plain, medium, white box sitting on your lap. It had multicoloured spots scattered around it, making it appear party-like. You were folding up and placing two infants bodysuits in it (a blue and a pink one). Your favourite record was softly spinning on the turntable which was calming your nerves down. However, you also felt elated and a huge smile was plastered across your face.

You did not know how Carl will react to the news which was why you felt nervousness twist your insides. Your palms were sweating a little as well. In your heart you knew that this is what you wanted but was it what Carl would want?

You placed the lid over the box and put in a small note just in case he was unaware as to what exactly this all meant. The note was placed down below in the box, underneath the onesies.

"It's going to be alright", you say to yourself and take a few deep breaths. You place the box next to you and walk over to the turntable to spin another one of your favourite records. You found yourself spinning around slowly and swaying your hips to the music. You were passing time until Carl got back from
the recording studio.

A few hours pass and you hear Carl walk into the house. He greets you energetically and pulls you in for a bear hug. You feel yourself relaxed in his arms and plant a kiss on his cheek. He was wearing a simple yet a gorgeous outfit today where he was clad in a fitted, half-sleeved crimson shirt with a lion's head on it in black. He wore a pair of skinny, light-blue flares and a bohemian belt to compliment it. He looked beautiful as always.

"Y/N, how have you been?" He asks in his soft, sweet tone and beams at you.
"I'm fine, love", you reply and have your face buried in his embrace. You're trembling a little from apprehension yet try to shake it off. Carl however was quick to pick up it up.
He gently lifts your chin up and fixes his eyes into yours.
"What's going on? Is everything fine?" He asks with much concern in his tone. 
"I have a present for you".
"Oh, darling! You didn't need to get anything for me! You're all I'll ever need".
"But you might like this one".

You then grab his hand and lace your fingers into his ones and walk him over with you onto the sofa. He sits down with you and you hand him over the box, placing it on his lap.
He lifts it up and shakes it. Curiosity was killing him.
"It's very light, my love", he spoke.
You found yourself chuckling.
Carl carefully removes the lid and he appeared puzzled. He took out the onesies and studied them for thirty seconds.

Suddenly, his eyes widened as he came to a realisation but a bit of doubt also clouded over him. He turns around to face you and his jaw drops.
"Is it what I think it is?" He asks.
You don't utter a word but beam broadly at him.

Carl then notices a note in the box and takes it out. He unfolds it and it read: "We're expecting  a little prince or princess soon". His jaw drops again and turns around to face you.
"We're having a baby?" He asks ecstatically.
You nod and smile at him.

Carl doesn't know how to react for a second. Soon,
he cups your face in his hands and passionately kisses you without any hesitation. You proceed wrapping your arms around his neck as he wraps his around your waist. You lay down on the sofa on your back while he was on top of you.

A few moments later you break off the kiss and both of you sit up. He pulls you in for a hug and kisses your scalp.
"I promise to take great care of you during this time", Carl says softly.
"I love you so much".
"Me too".

The rest of the day was spent dancing to your favourite records with Carl and you could not have asked for a better moment.
"If we're going to have a girl, she'll be our little princess. If we're going to have a boy, he'll be our little prince", Carl said lovingly.
"They'll both be lucky to have a father like you".
"And they'll have the most beautiful and amazing mother". Carl pecks your lips and
the two of you dance the evening away.