Chapter Sixty Three: The Fall Of An Immortal.

Start from the beginning

"Hezekiah," Dawn wanted to scream, but Eva seemed to shut off her vocal cords, "lend me your power. Let's finish this Hulk once and for all."

Dawn felt her lips tilt up into a smirk, even with her now heightened vision she couldn't see Hezekiah. A part of her knew that if he saw her distress, if he knew that she hadn't consented to this, he would help her.

Silly girl, you consented when I saved your life. Eva snapped, her voice filled with rage. You thought that I would just help you? The daughter of the man I hate with all I have? Don't be silly.

"But Hezekiah—"

My husband is a heroic fool, of course he would help you. That's why you are not to say a word to him.

"You're lying to him." Dawn whispered, her descent to the ground slowing. She could she Hezekiah now, he looked ready to catch her and embrace her fully in his warmth. He thought she was Eva. He didn't know she was still here.

I am doing this for his good! Eva sounded offended. I will save this nation and after I do that I will rid it of every single one of that Draekon's spawn.

Dawn felt her heartbeat drop, slowing down into inexistence. "What about me?" She asked, when she actually meant. "What about Corey?"

Eva snorted. You will be my vessel. I will admit, my other body was not as suitable as yours for my. . .gifts.

"You've done this before." Dawn realized, thinking of all the lives Eva must have taken.

Not everyone can be immortal.

"You're a monster." Dawn managed to say just as Eva took full control again and landed in Hezekiah's arms.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked, his brows furrowed in worry.

Eva smoothed Dawn's features into an easy smile and spoke. "I'm fine. The magnitude of that thing's hideousness just shocked me."

Hezekiah chuckled at this, all his worries seemingly erased by that statement alone. "Anything that displeases my wife should not exist." He kissed her on the forehead and like a bystander, Dawn watched with repressed disgust.

"How much of my power do you need to defeat it?" Elton's father asked next.

Dawn felt her mouth form the words, "all of it," before her vision darkened and she was in the air once again, this time with a plan in mind as she surrendered to the bliss of happiness and the smell of roses.

The next time Dawn was fully conscious, she was standing on top of Hulk's shoulders. By now she knew not to make her waking obvious unless she wanted to be suppressed again.

Once again, she thought to the her nonexistent pulse, a flicker of a conversation she had missed rushing through her thoughts.

A human can't take all that power, it was Hezekiah's voice. . . she won't survive this.

Don't worry love, I'll make sure there isn't a scratch on the poor girl. Trust me.

"Eva," Dawn growled softly under her breath. She was floating in darkness, pushed deep within her own mind.

Here there were no memories, no warmth. Only being able to see what was happening and having no direct contact with it, it was as though she were in a coma.

She wondered if this was how Damien's last moments were, complete and utter despair as her father took control of his body and shattered him from the inside.

Right now Eva was too busy to suppress Dawn.

Dawn watched as her body dodged the Colossi's arm as it moved to swat her like a fly.

She wished the beast would win. She wished it would grab her by the ankle and stuff her into his mouth. But it didn't.

Eva was too fast. Too powerful.

Power. Dawn thought bitterly. Wasn't that what I wanted?

Her father had given it to her, hadn't he? Surely his version of power wasn't being possessed by a crazy immortal, right? He wanted her to take over from him. He didn't want her dead.

He said the pendant would protect me. Dawn reached up to her chest in the darkness, surprised that the necklace was still on her neck. Does he want me to steal Eva's power the same was he gained immortality from Hezekiah?

Eva had said this pendant was the key.  She had tried to take it from Dawn and failed but now that the woman had possessed her body, did the pendant still belong to her?

Dawn bit her lip in thought and clutched the pendant. If I can get my body back then. . .

Then nothing. She wouldn't be able to stop the monster. Even now Eva could only dodge. The powers that had looked so amazing when Hezekiah fended off the smaller Colossi were little pinches to the Hulk, and Eva also used her Ice in an attempt to freeze the beast to a stop.

The creature was healing too fast and it still hadn't moved from it's spot, till now it had only attacked with one hand. Dawn felt her clothes soak with sweat. She wasn't cold anymore but she could feel the effects of Eva's possession on her body. Her limbs were growing heavy.

Eva was getting slower as time passed and that was all Dawn needed. All she had to do was watch patiently and wait for her chance.

This is it. She could barely hold back her excitement as the Hulk reared back its hand and slammed its fist into her body. Eva didn't move, didn't dodge. There was no way she could, the fist was too fast.

With a satisfied grin, Dawn felt herself being blown away by the attack.

She was going to die here, that alone was certain. But she was going to take Eva and that damned Hulk with her.

As Eva tried to stabilize Dawn's body, Dawn herself was preparing. She felt her organs failing, her systems shutting down. It was only the combination of Eva and Hezekiah's powers that kept her alive, the mist that now hung over her skin, continuously healing her.

Her fingers tightened on the tear drop pendant, a concrete plan in mind. I hope this works.

Just as her body slammed into the frozen wasteland below, Dawn shattered the pendant, thankful that in this state she couldn't feel any pain as she forcefully took control of her body for a brief moment.

"Commence Operation Cipher," it was a speed code that she hoped her deactivated chip would hear. It would override all the booting systems and activate immediately.

Dawn hoped that she was close enough to the gate to see it respond. She prayed—to the Code, the Maeg, to whichever being truly existed—that Eva was gone for good, that the pendant shattered the bitter woman's soul.

She prayed just in time to hear the sound of crumbling. She saw the gate break, pieces falling to the ground, taking the Hulk that used it as an armrest down with it.

The force wasn't enough to kill it, or even hurt it, but it was a satisfying sight. It was a protocol designed to crush any army stupid enough to attack the capital head on and to see years of work coming to fruition right in front of her was glorious.

Now, wherever Corey is, he'll be safe. Dawn thought as she closed her eyes, feeling oddly content for the first time in her life. This was true power, the ability to keep everyone you loved safe even if you couldn't be with them in the end.

For Dawn, life faded away slowly into the roars of a raging beast and the smell of rain as it fell from the skies and dripped onto her frozen features.

†〰†

Well guys, I thought this had been published. But Wattpad did it's magic.