Chapter Forty Six: To Live Forever.

At nine every child in the capital must choose their profession. By eighteen the child was forced into independence and demanded by society to do one thing to better the economy for the period of the next nine years.

Bubblebee Bumble was a brand Dawn created when she was eighteen, after just regaining freedom to do whatever she wanted. It was safe to say that her father had not been pleased when she borrowed funds to start up the fashion house.

Before she turned twenty the business has shifted from making clothes, accessories and perfumes to manufacturing Autos, portals and engines. Bubblebee Bumble had taken off and gone international—and suddenly people were after her head.

Of course they didn't know that despite her profession being one of the lesser trades, her father had trained her up as an assassin. This challenge opened up a new avenue for the multifaceted company to expand. Dawn made weapons and created an army of killers to secure her safety.

There was a reason why she was the most powerful woman in the world, but no one besides a select few knew that she was Miss Bumble. If those connections came to light then there would be no doubt about her power.

Being around death her whole life, Dawn didn't really put the fear of it in the front of her mind, but right now she didn't dare to move. She truly was scared for her life.

Even though her fingers were just a command away from activating her defense system, Dawn had a feeling that if she so much as twitched them, her head was going to roll. She hadn't felt this way in anyone's presence before, even when she had been a child faced with the height of her father's cruelty.

"Good girl." A cool chuckle sounded out in the darkness, it seemed to contain praise but Dawn couldn't help but sweat.

The string around her limbs tightened at their words, cutting past her clothes and digging into her skin.

Dawn didn't even know when the attack had started but she couldn't do anything about it. It had come just too fast.

The professor believed that her father hadn't sent her here to die but Rose's words kept repeating in her head. Try not to come back. . .

"Let her go, Eva." Another voice spoke in the darkness.

Just how many are there? Dawn stiffened as the strings lost their strength and fell off her.

"I take it you're a Draekon?" It was the second voice that spoke, the one that had released her.

Dawn nodded, feeling a trail of blood creep down her neck. She figured that if these two could attack her in this pitch black darkness then they could obvious see the tilt of her head. "I was sent here by my fath—"

She found that she couldn't continue, an invisible hand clamped around her neck as palpable killing intent sprung up from the corner by her right.

"Eva!"

This time the pressure the pressure didn't let up, instead it increased. "She's the reason we're here." The first voice spoke in anger. "Can't you see it? It's dangling on her neck."

"Let her explain herself first." The other person didn't deny anything but at least he gave Dawn a chance.

"Thank you." She said, the moment the hold on her was gone.

"Why are you here?"

"I don't know," she answered honestly but hurried along. "My father sent me here after he gave me this pendant."

"The pendant that is the key to our freedom, you mean?" 'Eva' sneered.

"I didn't know." Despite the other woman sounding calmer, Dawn still didn't take any chances. "If there was anything I could do to help you, I would."