29| Colourful Emotions.

Start from the beginning

"Y'alright mate? You must have a mad hangover." Calum chuckled, holding Luke's arm and guiding him down the stairs. Luke mumbled about going to the kitchen before actually saying an answer.

"No, I didn't really drink that much. Where's Annie?" He shrugged before running a nervous hand through his hair.

"Uh-" Calum looked over to the girl, wondering if she wanted him to lie or something but she just fell back onto the couch, peering up at the blonde boy a few feet away. "On the couch."

"Right, yeah. Where's that?" Luke nodded, completely unaware of how many eyes were currently staring at him.

"About three meters away." Calum deadpanned, getting some cereal from one of the cupboards and pouring the both of them a bowl.

"Right, right. Is she asleep? Or is she listening to all of this? Do I look like an idiot?" Luke whispered into air by Calum, his eyes staring in the wrong direction.

"She's awake and yes you look like an idiot. But to be honest with you, you always look like an idiot." Calum blatantly told, spooning the Cheerio's cereal into his mouth.

"Cal!" Annie hissed, thinking that was rather a rude comment which she could tell slightly upset Luke. He would always ask her reassurance in whether or not he looked like an idiot, Annie thought it was cute yet still saddening, nonetheless.

Luke's head whipped to the direction of her sweet voice, his eyes blinking hopelessly a few times before his hand rose up and gave off a small wave. Then realising that, once again, he probably looked like an idiot he scratched the back of his head instead, huffing in defeat.

Annie inwardly whined, she didn't want to be annoyed at Luke, but she couldn't help feel insecure.

She shuffled her way over to Luke, her hair still in messy curls around and down her body. Andre watched as it lightly swayed behind her, his shirt coming to just above her knees.

Annie reached her fingers out to tangle with Luke's, a pout on her lips as she watched a smile stretch on his. He dipped his head to rest on her shoulder, kissing her neck as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. That's why I don't like public situations, I always manage to fuck up." Luke mumbled, rubbing and tugging at the material covering her body. "What's this?"

"I borrowed Andre's shirt to sleep in. I didn't want to go upstairs and see you, and I didn't want to sleep in my dress." Annie glanced at the two boys watching, sending them silent signals to leave.

"Oh," Luke muttered, "next time can you just come upstairs and ignore me? Not that there will be a next time, just, Y'know, I get a little protective of my girl." He smiled, kissing her cheek and squeezing her body.

Annie rolled her eyes, giggling slightly as she felt herself already forgiving the boy. "You're stupid, you know that?"

"Of course I do, that's why we're dating. We balance each other out, I'm 100% idiotic and you're 1,000,000% perfect so you make us both look good." He chuckled, thinking about what she might look like now.

He wasn't enjoying the thought of Annie in Andre's clothes, but Andre was his best friend, and he knew he had no darker intentions. He was a genuine person, he probably felt bad about what happened last night was just trying to support the girl.

Luke shook the thoughts from his mind, wanting to focus on the pretty girl in front of him.

-

The couple decided to go for an afternoon stroll along the beach, the glaring sun tickling their sticky skin in a way that truly stated the beginning of summer.