chapter twenty three //

Chapter Twenty-Three

"

        “Babe,” I heard his voice call through the apartment, “Aspen,” he sang, his voice echoing through the hallway.

        "I’m on the couch," I said, realizing he couldn’t see me since I was laying down. He laughed, leaning over the side, "I’ve got a question for you. Kind of important."

        I thought of his words in his sleep a few days ago, pushing the thought away. He probably didn’t mean them.

        "Good Morning America has a big interview with me for my next album," I nodded, having heard about the interview a few weeks back, "And, well, they called and they, um," he hesitated.

        I laughed, “What? Spit it out.”

He ran a hand through his hair, “They want to interview you too, like us, as a couple. They want to take a look at last year and show how big this next chapter is.”

        I bite my lip, weighing my options.

        "Don’t feel pressured to do this. It’s 100% your choice. I can do this interview with or without you, promise."

        I nodded, pulling back the blanket I had been cuddled in. I watched Hunter’s eyes as he took in the short shorts I was in. I snapped my fingers, causing him to snap his eyes back up toward me.

        I raised an eyebrow, joking with him. I got up, walking to him, closing the distance between us.

        He shrugged, “You have great legs.”

        I laughed as he ran his hands down to my hips, inching my band t-shirt up, my stomach now showing. I pushed his hand away, laughing, “We’re not doing this now.”

        He shrugged, “I can still kiss you though,” he said, his words a statement instead of a question. He began kissing my neck slowly as if he wasn’t in a hurry. I leaned against the back of the couch, letting him continue.

        He reached for the top of my t-shirt, pulling it back, kissing my collarbone. I groaned, earning a smile out of him. I could feel his grin as he kissed me slowly, painfully slowly.

        "Stop it," I mumbled, catching my breath, "I’ve got things to do today."

        He quickly spread kisses up my neck, his lips close to my ear, “Like what?”

        I laughed as he ran his hands up my back, pulling my shirt up with it.

        "Like decide about GMA and um," I stopped talking as he kissed my neck again, taking my breath away. I pulled my shirt over my head, giving into the craving. His lips moved to mine. His kisses were slow, no rush to his rhythm. I reached for his shirt, trying to pull it upward.

He shook his head, “Nope, this is about you,” he said, picking me up and carrying me toward his room, kissing me the whole way.

——

        I laid against my pillow, still trying to catch my breath. He grinned, laying next to me.

        My mind wandered back to GMA. It could be good for me, being in front of the cameras in a serious interview. I didn’t want anyone else in my life. Merging two people’s lives wasn’t easy, I knew that. My parents and I didn’t get along great but, we managed. I didn’t want an unhappy life with him too. I needed to try harder to deal with the pictures, deal with the things he dealt with.