Chapter 16: "...You know what I want"

A light nudge and a gentle voice cause my eyes to slowly flutter open.

Standing over me, was one of the maids. But I didn't recognize this one. She seemed younger than all of the others though.

Once she sees that I'm awake, she slowly backs up to give me some space. I slowly sit up, my eyes still fixated on her.

"Um...hey" I trail

She gives me a small smile.

"My name is Maria and from now on I will be your personal maid. Whenever you need anything, anything at all, I'm your girl"

I return the gesture.

"I'm Marianna, nice to meet you"

She gently bows.

"The pleasure is mine" She smiles

"Can I help you, Maria?" I ask

"Yes, the king told me to wake you for breakfast" She says

I slowly nod.

"Oh, okay"

"Your bath is ready, as well as your hand-picked clothes" She says as she points at the pile of clothes that were laid out on the bed.

It was some blue faded jeans with a violet tank top and some Jordans over them.

"I get to wear...that?" I question

She smiles before nodding.

I scoff.

"What happened to the heavy makeup and dress" I ask, raising an eyebrow

She shakes her head no as she softly chuckles.

"The king believes that this is more appropriate" She says

I nod.

"Okay, well thank-you"

She nods.

I wait for her to leave but she makes no move to.

I clear my throat.

"Aren't you going to leave?" I ask

She seems confused.

"You want me to...leave?"

I slowly nod.

"Yes. I can bathe and dress myself, you know" I giggle

She doesn't answer for a while.

"Of course" She says before bowing and making her way out of the room.

Once she does, I let out a sigh before getting up and heading towards the bathroom.

Once I stare at my reflection in the glass mirror, I cringe. My hair looked like a birds nest, my eyes had heavy bags under them despite the fact that I had some decent sleep last night. Surprisingly no nightmares. Thank god.

I let out a huff before turning around just to come face to face with my bubble bath.

I smile.

I hadn't had one of these in so long. Truly, I don't even remember how they feel.

I slowly undress before stepping into the bathtub. Instantly, shivers ran down my body and I felt all my hairs stick out. Once my entire body entered the tub, I lay my head back and for the first time in a long long time, felt my body relax.

**//**

After getting ready, I step out of the room and see two guards waiting for me outside.

"This way" One of them says