Chapter 12 "I'm so scared"

The soft sound of the wheels hitting the gravel road would have usually lulled me to sleep but at this very moment, sleep was the absolute last thing on my mind.

He had mum.

He took her and now he's hurting her.

All because of me.

All because I decided to be stupid and escape.

All because_

"Marianna"

I flinch and turn to face Dustin who had a look of concern stretched out on his incredibly symmetrical face.

"We're here"

Only now did I realize that the car had jolted to a stop, right outside Dustin's home.

I had only been to Dustin's house about two to three times as we mostly hung out at my place and I had probably only met his parents like once.

Now, I was going to be meeting them in this state. I mean what do I say?

Umm...I kinda got kidnapped by the same guy who killed my dad and now holds my mother hostage at who knows where?

They'd probably rush to tell the cops and I did not need that right now. I needed to keep this whole situation between Dustin and I. I trusted him.

Which is rare.

I don't trust very easily. Hence why I bailed first chance I got. There was no way I was going to go to London with that monster's brother. Who knows what he was capable of? What if he's worst then Jackson?

Dustin steps out of the car and rushes over to my side before opening the door for me.

I mutter a 'Thank-you' before stepping out.

He sighs.

"Look...we don't have to tell my parents. We'll just tell them that your parents are going through...things and that you just needed a place to stay for a few days"

I give him a sad smile.

"Thank-you" I say

He nods.

He locks the car behind him and begins leading me up the steps. I anxiously fiddled with the hem of m_

His sweatshirt as I trailed closely behind him.

Once he got to the door, he took out his keys, inserted them into the keyhole and pushed the door open.

The interior was even bigger than I had remembered. It was beautiful, really.

But again...not where my mind was at right now.

not where my mind was at right now

Dustin closes the door behind me, the sudden action causing me to jump.

He notices this and puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, look at me"

I slightly cranck my neck to look up at him.

"You're safe here, okay?"

I nod.

"Dustin JENEVER SMITH WHERE HAVE YOU BE_"

She observes me for a few milliseconds before a bright smile decorates her lips.

"And who is this?" the petite women asks as she points at me.