Chapter 5: "...Stay"

"Mrs. Rodriguez"

I flinch at the sudden sound of my name.

I put my fork down and slowly turn around.

With a mouth fool, I answer

"Yes" I say

The guard looks me up and down in pure repulse before straightening up again.

"Mr.Krey awaits you in his office" He says

"Mr. Krey?" I question

"The king" He says

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why do you call him the king?" I ask

"Follow me" He says before turning around and walking off.

Rude much.

I take one last spoonful of chocolate cake before hurrying off behind him.

He walks, both hands behind his back in quick strides.

I struggle to keep up with him with my little legs.

"Wait u_

oof"

I knock into him as he suddenly jolts to a stop in front of the same office I had been in a few hours ago. He stands aside and crosses his arms.

I take it as a sign that I should go in.

I take a deep breath and straighten my dress before knocking.

"Come in" I hear

I take another deep breath.

Why are you so scared?

It's not like he'll kill you.

You sure?

Stop being so dramatic and go in.

I wrapped my fingers around the doorknob and twisted it before pushing it open. Just like before, he's back was facing me.

I take slow steps inside before slowly closing the door behind me.

My small footsteps echo in the semi-empty room as I move closer to his desk. I stop a few feet in front of it and intertwine my fingers together.

"You called for me" I say

He doesn't answer for a good thirty seconds.

"I just wanted to let you know that your father is safe"

My eyes snap wide open.

"Really?" I ask, the excitement in my voice hard to contain.

He finally turns to face me and I instantly look away, too intimidated by those piercing blue orbs that seem to see through me. Through my walls.

"As long as you keep your end of the deal, he will not be harmed. And as long as he keeps the end of the deal, then everything will be fine"

"His end of the deal?" I ask, finally locking eyes with him.

He leans back in his chair.

"I gave him one last chance. He has a week to get the 800 dollars. And..."

"And?" I question

"If he wants to buy you back, he'll have to pay double"

"What? Why? I thought I only cost two hundred dollars. Th-that's what's you said. You said it. I don't understand wh_"

"SILENCE" He growls as he bangs the desk, making me flinch and avert my attention to the glistening marble floor.

"You dare speak when not spoken to" He snaps

I see him stand up from my peripheral vision and as a reflex, I take a step back.

"You have confused me for someone I am not, Marianna. I don't care about you. Your father or anyone really. He fucked with my money. He disrespected my business...and for that, he'll pay" He hisses as he circles me.

I shake my head no.

"Please...just let me go home" I whisper

"What was that?" He snaps

I abruptly turn around to face him, tears stinging my eyes.

"Please, I didn't do anything. I just want to go home. I just want t_"

I feel a stinging sensation on my left cheek.

I fall on the hard marble floor, and shriek at the impact.

He slapped me.

No one's ever laid there hands on me before.

My curly hair shields my face as I sit still on the floor, in shock.

"You will stay here. With me. And only when your father repays the money, which I highly doubt will happen, will you be set free. Until then. You will remain locked up in your room. And only I can decide if you can eat, sleep OR TALK. Do you understand me?" He snaps

I don't answer.

"I SAID, DO YOU UNDER_"

"Stay?" I whisper

"What?" He snaps

I struggle but get back on my feet.

I shake my head no.

"Fuck you" I spit

His eyes widen and I swear I saw the veins on his forehead pop out.

"What did you say?" he calmly asks

"I said, fuck y_"

Crack.

I fell back at the impact, missing the edge of his desk by mere inches.

He had punched me.

Straight in the nose.

I yelled in pain as I tossed and turned. I held on to my nose and yelled even louder when I felt liquid begin seeping from it.

I open my eyes, my vision blurred and stare up at him.

At the monster, my so-called "dad" had sold me to.

He scowled at me and took out a handkerchief from his pocket before wiping the blood off of his knuckles.

"Next time, I won't stop" He spits before turning around and walking off.

Someone, please help me.

**//**