"That's alright, you're learning," Mum said. "Oh, here's you, Emerald," Mum said pointing to the little house Harry and I were sharing together. Lucas and I quietly walked in the house, he placed the bucket in the kitchen area and then gave me a hug.

"See you in a few hours," he whispered knowing Harry was still fast asleep. I kissed my brother's cheek and watched him leave me alone in the house. I got a bowl from the cupboard and began slicing the potatoes into fine pieces.

"Morning," a groggy voice greeted. I turned around to see Harry walking out of the bedroom rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast, what else?" I laughed looking back at him. "You still had another hour to sleep."

"Kids next door woke me up," he sighed. "They're playing outside or something, couldn't sleep with that in my ear."

"I woke up to banging pots and pans," I laughed. "I still need to go get some eggs from my mum for breakfast."

"I can do that," he said pecking my cheek. "I'll get dressed first."

I nodded going back to peeling and cutting the potatoes. About halfway through this potato, I realized I forgot to start the fire in the fireplace. Cursing to myself, I went out back and grabbed a few pieces of wood and put them in the fireplace. I sat down on the stool and took the matched sliding them over the parchment setting it on fire and then tossing it on the pile of wood. I gently fanned the pile waiting for it to catch fire.

"You need help first?" Harry asked. I turned to look at what he was wearing to make sure he didn't have too nice of clothes on.

He didn't. He had a black t-shirt on that cut off on his upper biceps revealing his small tattoos running down his left arm. He also had ripped jeans and dirty boots on. A cross necklace hung from his neck and an olive green scarf was wrapped around his head pushing his hair back. I questioned the hair band, but other than that, he looked good.

"No, I'm uh— I'm good, you just go get three eggs," I smiled.

"Three? Should I get one more in case you're still hungry?"

"No, I'll be fine, three is fine," I smiled to him, his green eyes meeting my blue ones. I noticed the slight frown on his face as he stared at me, but he nodded and walked out of the house in three long strides.

I turned back to the fire that still hadn't begun burning steadily. There was a small flame, but I didn't want to waste all of our matches on getting the fire started. I made a mental note to keep the fire going, even during the night. I then went back to doing potatoes after the fire had started crackling.

I heard the door open and Harry came back, a white feather sticking out from the top of his head. I giggled from my spot by the counter where the potatoes were still being peeled. He came over to the counter and handed me four eggs.

"For what it's worth, battling chickens is fucking hard," he sighed leaning against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest, his right hand running over his tattoos. "I thought battling invaders was hard, clearly they haven't fought mother hens."

"First off, these are unfertilized," I noted. "Second, Lucas told you to just grab didn't he?"

"Yeah..."

"He's a twat," I laughed. "Next time ask my mum to show you."

"I got it figured out by the fourth egg! There was no way I was stopping at three eggs after being pecked alive!" He exclaimed with a laugh. "Do you want some help?"

"I'm good, Harry," I smiled to him as I put the remainder of the potatoes in the bowl. "Seriously, I'm fine."

"I feel bad for not helping," he said bouncing on his feet. "I feel as if I should be doing something."