royal flowers. regal/royal AU

so my updating schedule is non existent but here's a regal/royal AU cause one of y'all requested it. PLEASE REQUEST THINGS IM OUT IF IDEAS

:;::;:

Connor pulled at a loose thread on the hem of his coat. today was the day he would meet his husband. ever since he was 15 he had dreaded the day he and some other poor bastard would have to be married. he was thankful his parents were kind enough to marry him to a prince rather than a princess anyway. Connor was still pissy about having to marry someone at 18 though. he should've had his how life ahead of him but now he was stuck with his princely duties until his parents kicked it when he and his husband would take over filling their places.

Connor felt someone pull at his coat. it was Zoe. her big blue eyes staring at him. she had one hand fiddling anxiously at the pleats in her dress.
"what will happen if you don't like each other Con?" she questioned. Connor honestly couldn't answer. he and whoever this prince was would be married no matter once as Cynthia and Larry had already excepted the marriage proposal of whoever this princes' mother was.
"i honestly don't know Zo. i guess we'll just have to live with each other hoping that one of us dies." Connor meant for it to sound serious but it obviously didn't as Zoe let out a giggle.

slowly the trotting of a horse drawn carriage grew loud and Cynthia began muttering nonsense about manners and other shit Connor didn't really care about. the huge dark oak doors began to open wide and the butler Francisco called through the hall; "presenting queen Heidi and prince Evan of the kingdom of Ceratostigma." before the doors were even half opened a maid scurried up the stairs to Francisco and gave him a piece of paper. he cleared his throat before continuing. "also presenting, prince Jared of the kingdom of Poppies."

the doors finally opened a substantial amount and in through the doors walked in one of the most beautiful men Connor had seen. his hair was due for a haircut and atop his golden locks stood a crown made of bronze leaves woven together with a few opal Ceratostigmas throughout it. it was the treasure of the Ceratostigma kingdom. the differing colours of blue velvet that made up his robes were stunning and they brought out the light tan in his skin. they weren't wrong about prince Evan Hansen being attractive. behind him strode queen Heidi Hansen. she wore a loose dress of light blue velvet and she looked kind and wise.

following the rulers of the Ceratostigma kingdom was prince Jared Kleinman. his posture was off and although he would trip over his red satin and black velvet robes every now and then the colours complimented his golden eyes. he was known typically as the fuck up of the Poppy kingdom. however as the king and queens only heir, there wasn't much to be done about him.

Cynthia gave the nod and the Murphy's began to walk elegantly down the dark oak staircase of the great hall. when the Hansen's plus Jared were about two meters away from the bottom of the staircase the Murphy's were already there. Cynthia had made them all rehearse going down these stairs for about two hours a day for a week straight leading up to this event. at least all of those blisters on his feet meant perfect timing.

Heidi and Cynthia greeted each other with kisses on the cheeks and a hug. the remaining greetings were just plain pleasant shaking of hands and small talk. Cynthia and Larry began leading everyone back up the grand staircase. Jared and Zoe remained behind the king and queens. they were chatting which just left Evan and Connor to awkwardly walk next to each other.
"i-uh-i-i like y-your crown," Evan murmured.
"thanks. i think yours looks cooler though." Connor said pulling the delicate sliver vines off his head to look closer at the three amethyst Hydrangeas that adorned the crown. Connor thought it was rather over the top but it was still a pretty looking crown.

at the top of the stairs the rest of the party continued to the left but Evan grabbed Connor's wrist and took the crown from his head.
"h-hey since w-were gonna b-be running our kingdoms as one s-soon wh-why don't we try out each other's c-crowns. a-as practice y-ya know?" Evan stuttered out, pulling the bronze leaves out of his hair. Connor looked at the crown in his hands. the purple of the amethyst would look nice with the blues in Evan's robes. Connor placed the crown onto Evan's head.
"why not." he said. Evan's cheeks flushed pink before placing his bronze crown onto Connor's head. the deep bronze made a beautiful contrast with the dark browns of his hair.

Connor gripped Evan's hand and turned to face the floor length mirror that was at the top of the staircase. he and Evan looked quite the part for the kings of a strong boss ass kingdom.

"i could get used to this."

:;::;:

continue?
so sorry about my updating schedule but really soon will be my july holidays so updates should be coming along then but don't hold me to anything. also word count 884 whoo

Hansen kingdom flower:

Murphy kingdom flower:

Kleinman kingdom flower: