flirty barista

evan shuffled into the coffee shop, his wind-swept hair dotted with melting snow. the shop wasn't too crowded despite it being freezing outside.as he looked around there were only 5 people in the cafe including him.

a cute little brunette sat with her hot chocolate staring out of the window, the neck of her giant yellow jacket stopped just under her bright pink nose. in a booth sat 2 boys talking excitedly about zombies and video games. one in a blue jacket and the other in a red hoodie covered in patches. evan noticed a gay pride flag patch on his hoodie and smiled, tapping his fingers lightly on the wooden counter. the final person was the barista. he never wore his name badge and had shoulder length brown hair which had recently been added to with pastel coloured rainbow streaks.

the barista looked up from the take away coffee cup lid he was writing on and stood to look at evan. "what'll it be today, evan?" he said smiling widely at him. evan smile back and pulled down his scarf so it would muffle his voice.
"dirty chai, please." evan said. the new treatment for his anxiety seemed to be helping. or maybe it was just how he had gotten so used to what happens every time the brown-haired barista would serve him. "coming right up." he said grinning and taking evans money from his hand and replacing it with the change. he began humming as he went around making the drink.

as it was placed in front of him the barista turned away and began typing something into a laptop. evan looked at the lid of the coffee cup.
'you may fall from the sky,
you may fall from a tree,
but the best way to fall
is in love with me.'
was written in sharpie in a messy script. evan smiled and pulled a pen out of his coat pocket and picked up a napkin from a pile on the counter. he wrote;
'this is the best line yet, but i'd like to get to know you a bit better.
dinner at 6 on saturday?
XXX-XXXX-XXX
call me ;)
-evan'

evan pulled a 10 dollar note out of his wallet and rolled it up with the napkin inside it before placing it into the tips jar. evan picked his coffee off the counter and turned around to leave. he strode out of the small shop and had barely walked a block before he felt his phone buzz.

xxx-xxxx-xxx: it sounds delightful.

\~...\~...\~...\~...\~...\
-
hey y'all. sorry this took me ages to get up i just went through a breakup and i really want to change my name. please start calling me Evan now. thanks yall.

-Evan