Adventure

I entered Loki's room warily.

A few large bookshelves touched the ceiling.

Next, to a bookshelf, I saw a large, scratched book struggling to get out of the rope it had been unceremoniously tied with.

I looked at Loki who gave me a mischevious smile.

"I told you I got into a fight with a book," he said looking triumphantly at the book who was now cursing in several different languages.

"Why do you have so many books if there's a library?" I asked confused.

"Because these books are all private. No grimy hands touching or rearranging them." Loki said disgustedly.

"Hmm, Guess that makes sense," I said, but I still thought it was a bit excessive.

Loki began to pick up and read a book titled "Beginner Magic for Masters", so I investigated the room. I found a piece of paper on a table next to a chair. It was written in Loki's handwriting and a quill and bottle of ink sat beside it. My curiosity took over and I decided to read it.

You say we live together
But this is not living
Always trying to prove myself
That kind of life is not forgiving

One step behind
One jump below
Nowhere to run
Nowhere to go

Nowhere to go

I want to be your equal
I wish to be your king
But I am only the sequel
Only the prince

Only the prince

Everything I've done
I thought was for the best
But nothing I've won
Ever resided with you

I'm not scared
I'm terrified
There's no changing
May I just ask you why...

Why you never noticed
All of my pain
Why you never cared
To look at my shame

You betrayed me
You have caged me
I am done with
All of your lies

We were raised together
But I was raised below
You think you understand
But you will never know

"Hey!" said Loki looking up from his book before I could look at the back of the paper.

I tried to hide the paper, but Loki ran over and snatched it out of my hands before I could do anything.

"How... how dare you! Do you have any idea... Completely....." Loki fell onto his knees in despair the paper scrunched in his hand.

"Don... don't worry. This doesn't leave your room" I said.

Loki smiled weakly and continued reading his book.

I looked around at the princely room waiting for Loki to say or do something.

Loki's room was amazing. It was almost identical to mine, except everything was green and he had massive bookshelves.

I looked at his chest and realized it wasn't empty. Spellbooks, wands, amulets, and papers scribbled with symbols I had never seen before.

"I presume your chest is empty," Loki said following my gaze.

"How did you know?" I asked surprised.

"Each chest is used to encompass whatever that person's favorite sport, practice, or thing is. You need to discover your favorite Asgardian thing. Mine's magic." Loki explained.