4//Don't Let Zac Steal The Food

"Where are we going to go today? We did the shops, park, her work and the beach yesterday," Shae asks.
"Um, the museum, the shops again, the markets and the cliff," I say in one breath.
"The cliff?" Shae questions.
"Yes Shae, the cliff," I answer.
"But why?" Shae whines dragging out the 'y'.
"Because we are searching everywhere," I explain for what feels like the millionth time.
"Tomorrow can we make posters and put them up over town so we can find her sooner?" Shae asks with a hint of desperation in her voice.
"Yes, I guess the help of the public would be helpful," I reply back as we walk into the museum.

"Why couldn't we catch a bus or an uber around the place? It would make this go a lot quicker," Shae asks, she must be really worn out from all the walking we've done, bless her soul.
"Because that wouldn't be a thorough search now would it?" I point out.
"Right, could we at least get some bikes or skateboards then?" Shae asks me, her voice full of hope.
"I guess, that can be arranged," I answer as we leave the air-conditioned museum and step back into the humid air.
"I'm glad I didn't do anything with my hair today, it's so humid," Shae says to no one in particular.
"I'm glad that you didn't too because I'm not up for putting up with the whining about your hair being ruined from the heat," I say matter-of-factly.
"Hpmh," Shae replies back with a hint of sass breaking through.

After what feels like forever the shops finally come into view, and soon enough I'm met with the cool air of the air-conditioning again.
"Before we grab the skateboards can we get something to eat?" Shae half asks, half whines.
"I guess a couple extra pounds never killed anyone, I think at least," I answer, holding my gaze on McDonald's.

"Hi how can I help you today?" the man at the counter asks, his name tag reads Ben.
"Can I get a quarter pounder meal with a large caramel sundae, extra caramel please," I ask politely.
"Yep, and for you?" Ben asks motioning towards Shae.
"Um I'll have a big mac and an iced coffee," Shae answers, slightly startled as she had been pulled out of her trance.
"Ok, that will be thirteen dollars and ten cents," Ben replies, looking Shae up and down.
I give him a twenty dollar note.
"Keep the change," I say as Shae and I walk to the pick-up area to wait.

We finish our meals and take our rubbish to the closest trash can before heading to Target to get two skateboards. I mentally analyse them all for quality and looks before pulling down a green penny board from the racks, Shae grabs one also but in black and blue. We head to the self serve registers to scan our skateboards and pay.

We combed through every inch of the shops just like yesterday until we were sure she wasn't here before heading to scope out the markets.

We arrive at the markets in half the time it would've taken of we had of walked and split up so we could cover more ground quicker. The markets weren't that big but there was a lot of people and stalls to maneuver through.

An hour later my phone starts to play Shae's ringtone, I pull my phone out from my back pocket and answer the call.
"Any luck?" she asks.
"Nope. Zero, zilch, zippo. You?" I answer and ask.
"No luck, I've seen people with similar features but I interrogated the life out of them and none were a match," Shae responds.
"Damn," I reply before adding, "meet me at the entrance in ten."
"Okay, see you soon," Shae replies before ending the call.
"Where are you sis?" I mutter quietly.

I wait at the entrance for Shae for about five minutes before I catch a glimpse of her in the crowd. Her face lights up when she notices me.
"While I was waiting I'm pretty sure I saw a leprechaun, a unicorn and a faerie having a tea party," I say, the sarcasm dripping from my mouth.
"Oh my god, really?!" Shae says full of excitement
"No, that's my nice way if saying you took forever," I reply before adding, "now come on, I'm not getting any younger here."
"Yep, now who gave you an extra serve of sarcasm juice this morning?" Shae asks giggling.
"You did, now let's go," I ordered.
"Yes mum," she replies dragging out the 'm' on the end.

We combed the beach again and on the way back to Shae's we stopped at Madalyn's workplace to interrogate her coworkers. But they were about as useless as a torch without batteries.

"Did you find anything girls?" Susan asks.
"Sadly enough, nope," we reply in unison as we take a seat on the black leather lounge suite.
"Where are you going to search tomorrow?" Susan asks.
"We're going to make posters to put up around town," Shae replies to her mothers question.
"Okay, good idea girls. Do you need anything?" Susan asks.
"Chocolate?" we answer, sounding more like a question.
"You two girls are going to turn into a block of chocolate I swear," Susan laughs.
"Neverrr," we laugh back.
"Also for tonight's dinner just help yourselves to whatever you want in the kitchen," Susan says before sipping her coffee.
"Okay thanks mum," we reply before making our way to the kitchen before Zac can steal our food.

We grab the triple chocolate brownie mix, a chocolate self saucing pudding mix and the ingredients for caramel slice and cookies before heading up to Shae's level to make our sugary feast.

"Mm, this is good," Shae says trying not to drool over how good the food tastes.
"Damn right it is," I reply before continuing to stuff my face with the sugary goodness.
"More eating, less talking," Shae laughs before stuffing her own face too, I simply nod in agreement as a bite into a piece of our triple chocolate brownie.

"How we're going to sleep is beyond my knowledge," Shae comments as she scrolls away on her phone.
"What's sleep?" I question as I continue reading a book my sister recommended me to read on wattpad.
"I don't know, ask google," Shae laughs.
"But I'm reading a really good book," I whine dragging the end sound out.
"That one that Mads told you to read?" Shae asks.
"Yep," I reply.
"From the parts you've shown me that book is no good for your brain," Shae laughs.
"Oh well, she'll be right," I reply as I continue to read my book.

About an hour or two later I hear the sound of steady breathing from Shae's side of the bed, I glance over at her and realise she's asleep. I then look at the time and decide it's time for me to sleep too.

A/N (3/7/18): Quick edit, nothing too important just a quick fix-up 😊
Keep being beautiful my lovelies x

A Faded Memory On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara