1//Findings

Mackenzieeee!” I scream.
“What?” Mackenzie asks in her famous waking up voice.
“Madalyn, she’s missing,” I say trying to not scream the house down.
“Wait… what?!” Mackenzie screams almost louder than me.
“Shh we might wake mum,” I say.
“Our triplet is missing and you’re telling me to be quiet,” Mackenzie hisses angrily.
“Not sure about you, but I don’t have a death wish sis,” I say quietly.
“I don’t either but my triplet is kind of hmm I don’t know, missing!” Mackenzie yells.

I hear the sounds of mums footsteps padding down the hallway to our location. She soon appears in my peripheral vision gripping her coffee mug tightly.
“What are you fighting about now?” Mum tiredly asks.
“We aren’t fighting but Madalyn is um missing?” I say more as a question.
“Please tell me this is just a silly prank you two are playing on me,” Mum says.
“We wish we could say that,” Mackenzie and I say in unison.

I lead Mackenzie and mum to Madalyn's room. I notice something I didn’t when I came in earlier, two small boxes on her bed. I edge closer to the boxes and see they’re labeled Mackenzie and Maisie. I pass Mackenzie her box and open mine, inside are two beautiful gold necklaces laced with small diamonds and a stone in our favorite color mine being an emerald stone and Mackenzie’s a sapphire one.
“They're beautiful,” mum comments.
“I agree,” I reply.
“How did Madalyn afford these?” Mackenzie asks.
“She was the only one of us three that had a job,” I remind my sister.
“Right,” she replies.
“Let’s go downstairs and open the presents,” mum says trying to be optimistic.

Mackenzie gives me a look that screams out let’s go. I walk out of Madalyn's room and head down to the Christmas tree, Mackenzie trailing closely behind me. I make my way through the kitchen and the dining room before reaching my destination. I walk over to the tree, Mackenzie by my side and sit myself at the presents and dig mine out of the pile.

By the time I finish opening my presents I end up with a 256GB iPhone X, a unicorn case, a unicorn onesie and emerald green ring that coincidentally matches my necklace. Mackenzie got the same as me except a bunny case and onesie and a sapphire ring. The only gifts under the tree remaining were Madalyn's in which are left untouched.

I pulled myself up from the soft, black faux fur rug and then helped Mackenzie up before heading to the dining room for breakfast. On the table was three plates of fluffy pancakes topped with maple syrup and an assortment of fresh berries.
"Be careful girls, they're still hot," mum warns.
"Okay mum," Mackenzie and I say in unison.

I devour my pancakes quicker than mum and Kenzie. Kenzie looks at me in shock as I get up with my plate to take it to the dishwasher. I make my way back up to my room to get ready for the day and to think about my family's current situation.

Since we're most likely going out for brunch or lunch with family I pull out a nice outfit that consisted of a cute mint green jumpsuit and the ring and necklace I'd gotten earlier this morning. I'd decide on shoes and bags later on. I place the jumpsuit on the end of my bed and walk across the room to the ensuite to freshen up and have a shower. I hook my phone up to my Bluetooth speaker and get in the shower and approximately 4 or 5 songs later I'm out. Once I'm dried and dressed I go to my dresser and mirror where my makeups stored and apply some light makeup before heading back downstairs to set up my new phone.

"Ew what is that smell!" Mackenzie holds her nose as I sit down next to her on the couch.
"Soap, shampoo and conditioner Kenzie, an amazing selection of products you should try out," I reply whilst turning on my new phone.
"Very funny Maisie," Mackenzie laughs.
"She's got a point Kenzie," Mum says backing me up.
"Oh come on! You of all people know I shower mum," Mackenzie retorts before walking off, probably to her room.

I give mum a high five before plonking myself back on the couch to finally set up my phone. I do the main setup which I've done it enough times that it's a really quick, easy setup. Once I've finished the main setup I open up the app store and start downloading my most used apps including my socials and favourite games and photo editing apps, then downloading the other ones I use just not as often. Part of my music has already transfered but only a small fraction of it since I have so many songs. None of my photos have yet but I have them all backed up on my apple macbook pro so I plug my iPhone X into it and select all the photos and transfer them so the setting up process can be sped up a little.

~~~

"Hey mum what time are we going out at?" I ask mum since it's nearly lunch time.
"Well since Madalyn's disappeared I think it's best we stay home so questions aren't asked," mum answers.
"Oh, okay," I say turning around to head out of the kitchen.
"How about if you're still set on going out later on today I'll take you and Kenz shopping," mum suggests.
"Ok, sounds like a plan," I say as I walk out of the kitchen to go to my room.

I collapse on my bed as I unlock my phone and open helix jump. It's a game for those of you who are wondering, a very addictive game. I had it on my old phone so my progress has synced with I'm grateful for even though I'm only on level 65, but hey it's better than level 12 or something. I've only had the game for about two days and I've nearly caught up to my best friend Taylor. Last I checked she was on level 85 I'm pretty sure. So I'm not too far behind, some might say I'm rather competitive with everything, which I'll admit to.