Charles Leclerc-Monaco

Charles was absolutely gutted about how his race had ended. After his interviews Charles comes into his motorhome where you were sitting on the sofa waiting for him. He threw his cap off and say down in frustration. "Hey babe it's okay, it was no ones fault. Don't blame yourself." You said rubbing his back to comfort him, you knew how much this race meant to him and for him to crash out broke your heart. "No everything's not okay Y/N, the fucking breaks just went and now I've just disappointed everyone" he said putting his head in his hands. "You haven't disappointed everyone, you done well in qualifying and the race. You had amazing pace all weekend, you just need to focus on Canada now" you said however Charles wasn't having any of it, the more you complimented him the more angry he got. "Argh just stop, you're only saying them things to make me feel better but I can't be dealing with this right now." Charles raised his voice. "Don't talk to me like that, I'm being nice here and you've spat it right back at my face. If you 'can't be dealing with this' then why I even bother coming to races." You spat back. "Fine don't come! You know what I'm going home, I'll see you later." Charles gets up and slams the door behind him. You go to follow him but he's already walked away. "Thats okay leave your girlfriend stranded at the circuit" you shouted, okay you weren't stranded as the apartment wasn't far away. Marcus and his PR walked past, "everything good?" Marcus asked raising his eyebrows "argh don't, he's being a dick. I've never seen him like this all I did was reassure him and he spat it right back at me" you said confused at why Charles was acting like this, "do you mind giving me a lift back as someone has kindly left me" you said sarcastically. "I'm sure if you talk to him when he's calm you can sort things out, and sure you can wait in my motorhome while I do interviews." Marcus said.

You were sat in Marcus's motorhome replaying what had happened with Charles in your head. For the 2 years being with him you have never seen him lash out like this. Luckily Marcus didn't take long and he kindly drive you back to your apartment. "I'm home" you said as you opened the door to see Charles sleeping on the sofa. You got a blanket and laid it over him, you took a shower and got into some comfy clothes. When you came back into the living room Charles had woken up. "Y/N can we talk." Charles said looking to the floor, you sat next to him. "I'm so sorry for earlier I never meant to let my anger out on you and i feel so bad about it. I never want to treat you badly." Charles started to tear up. "It's okay, but I'm here for you when your race goes good and bad. No matter what I'm always proud of you. Yes your home race didn't go to plan but we can focus on the next ones." You said placing your hand on his knee.

Charles started to bounce his knee and you knew there was more to it. "Babe speak to me" you said softly. "The one race I race I wanted to make my Dad and Jules proud I fucking crash. I just wanted to do them proud. I would remember the days when me and Jules would tell stories about how we would race each other in Monaco getting a 1-2 finish." Charles said smiling through the tears. "I would tell my dad how my dream was f1 and all he wanted was to see me race in f1 and he never did." You knew how much this had affected Charles, Jules was his best friend, he helped him through his karting years and Charles watched him move through to Formula One. Jules was Charles role model. Charles had such a close relationship with his father. Every time you and Charles would visit his parents they would talk for hours about different cars, Charles's dad was with him through his whole journey but he never saw him achieve his dream. "Charles they are proud of you, they are looking down now thinking 'he did it! He made it to f1 and he's doing amazing! I understand it's hard but you have made everyone so proud. But babe don't beat yourself up about it because everything you do, you make them proud no matter what." You tried to hold back your tears as you wiped Charles's cheek where a single tear has escaped his eye. "I love you so much Y/N I'm sorry for earlier, I do and need you at every race. I don't know why I said that because if you didn't come to a race I would be lost because you complete me." Charles said being all soppy. "Awe your too cute and of course I'll come to every race. I love you too."

You and Charles sat in the apartment snuggled under a blanket watch Stranger Things. You fell asleep in Charles's arms, as Charlie looked down at you he thought to himself how much he needed you in his life.