14 | Him & I

JENNIE

Since this morning, everything has gone wrong.

To begin with, there's Lisa and Chaeyoung KISSING each other, and then an awkward Jisoo to crown it all. In less than ten minutes, she managed to break five glasses and a cup of coffee. The first incident made me laugh, but the others ; much less. I didn't know that she could be very clumsy and kind of... annoying. I try to talk to her because she's my girfriend and I regret it after a long silence settled down between us.

We're so awkward around each other.

Why ? We didn't find any subject to talk about ! Back then, we used to argue for hours on a simple topic. How did we end up like this ? Is it because we're in a relationship now ? I miss the old Jisoo, the one that talks a lot, not the one that takes ages to start a conversation.

This morning made me realize how much I don't want her to be my girlfriend.

I like her as a friend.

She would be better with Lisa, and I won't even be bothered.

"Let's break up," starts Jisoo looking straight at me.

"I agree."

We smile at each other and keep on eating as if nothing happened. I should be sad, but to be honest, I feel relieved. It's better for us to stay friends.

"Wait what--You two are dating ?" asks us Chaeyoung with a confused look.

"HI GIRLS ! Here's your favourite hooman," exclaims my stupid brother Taehyung who came out of nowhere.

He takes a seat beside me while his friend with a strange color hair smiles at Lisa before sitting by her side. I think his name is Yoongi, and according to my brother, he had a crush on me. Well, he's cute. But I'm not looking for a serious relationship and he seems to be the guy that is all over a girl. Y'know, a possessive boyfriend and I don't want to be the property of someone.

I prefer to be independant and carefree woman in her early 20's.

"Did you eat ?" asks Lisa to the two guys.

Sometimes, I tend to forgot the fact that we know each other for a long time now and unlike me, she's very close to Taehyung. Since we were kids, he has always been sociable with everyone. As a result, when he met Lisa, they became friends the next day.

I keep wondering if she didn't do a whole scene about me stealing her pen, would we be good childhood friends like her and Taehyung ?

I have no idea.

"Yes but I want to taste your carrots," says Yoongi.

It seems to me that Yoongi doesn't like talking to strangers – same for me. However, he seems to be pretty close to Lisa and Taehyung.

I think he's just shy like Chaeyoung. Cold at first, and warm progressively.

According to my observations, in class Yoongi only talks to Lisa while she is greeted by almost everyone. But when I see her, she doesn't make any effort to come to people. It's them who come naturally to her as if she was some kind of magnet or something like that.

"Say aahhh," the blonde orders to the silver head.

A carrot planted in the metal blades of her fork, Lisa's back leans on towards him with her elbow on the table ; she's waiting for him to open his mouth. She treats him like a child ! And yet, according to the faces of Jisoo and Chaeyoung, this scene is adorable. They are melting by this little futile gesture.

I turn my head to see the couple in front of me. Lisa smiles when Yoongi mops the carrot that was on the fork. Is she really into girls ? She loved Jisoo, so she's not entirely straight. I think she's bisexual. Taeyong will be happy with this fact.

Chaeyoung stares at the blondie feeding the silver head and smiles. How can she find this cute ? I roll my eyes at this cringy scene right in front of my salad.

"Hi." someone comes to our table.

I frown my eyebrows when I notice that it's Taeyong. Even if he's one of my bestfriend, we don't eat together in school because I'm not comfortable to hang out with his friends. Unlike Taeyong, they are a bunch of idiots who just want to flirt with me.

"Hey. What are doin' here ?" I ask him.

A small chuckle escapes from his lips, and I furrow my eyebrows when he scratches his neck. He's acting as if he's shy but Taeyong is not the type of guy to be easily intimidated.

"You can take Yoongi's seat !" Lisa exclaims, standing up from her chair. She smiles at my bestfriend while he looks like a lost puppy with his tiny grin.

"What ? When did I--" the silver head said before leaving his sentence unfinished when Lisa put her hand on his shoulder.

If we look closely, we can see that she has planted her nails on his porcelain skin.

That girl is crazy, but smart. The silver head quickly gets up from his seat while Taeyong sits beside the blondie girl.

"Tae version 2, what's up ?! It's been a while since I saw you hanging out with my little sister !" says Taehyung smiling at Taeyong.

"That's because we only hang out outside school," responds my male best friend in a calm tone as if it was obvious.

However, his answer seems to attract even more curiousity in our table. Even Lisa looks like she's curious about this subject and when Chaeyoung was about to ask more questions I cut her off.

"Don't ask why."

She closes her mouth and pouts. I don't want to talk about it, and I will never talk about it​​​​​. If I stay here a little longer, they'll try to make me confess because Taehyung is not the type of brother to give up easily. He can annoy me for a whole year just because I ignored him once.

I have to go now.

"Chichu come with me. I have to revise a korean test tomorrow, I need your help." I say while getting up from my chair. Jisoo nods and takes her tray. "See ya losers !"

They smiles at me, except Lisa as usual and I quit the cafeteria with Jisoo at my side.

"I know we're not dating anymore but you know... you can tell me everything." she looks at me.

"You don't need to know."

No one knows. Taeyong is the closest one to know what happen to me, but he can't say much about it because he doesn't know.

He wasn't there.

He wasn't.

My brother Taehyung could have found out, but he's not insightful to see through my fake smile. Even if he cares so much about me and my happiness, he can't tell if I am or not. I don't blame for his nescience because no one knows.

Except, him and I.