UMBRIDGE.

It was Defence against the Dark Arts and everyone was quite chirpy for the morning as this was everyone's favourite class. We were having a debate about weather Umbridge was going to be useful as a teacher or just threaten us with ministry antics. Harry was dead set on her being useless. I guess we would find out if he was right!

The class suddenly went quiet. A small plump frog like woman, dressed in pink, was standing in the door , Umbridge had just entered the room wand in the air after just spoiling the fun at the bottom corner of the room. “Wands away!..You will not be needing them!” she said with the most fake smile I have ever seen on a face. Everyone looked at each other rasps of curiosity lingered the room. “This will be your book, treat it with care!..hm hm” with the flick of her wand, Umbridge sent books flying neatly across the room, a book landing on each table. Hermione scanned the cover and the contents of the book. “er..There is no chapter about using defensive spells? This must be the wron-”

“NO! I assure you this is the correct book, I don't see why you would need to use defensive spells?” Umbridge cut across Hermione's absorbency, and ignored her hand waving in the air. “I hate to dissapoint your plan professor but we need to learn defensive spells. It's our only chance of survival from Voldemort!” Harry snapped at Umbridge. The whole class went quiet, so quiet that we heard Dean Thomas' quill fall. “No offence miss but I think Harry is right. We need to be prepared in case we ever get into trouble, and especially against Vold-”

“SILENCE!” Umbridge spoke over me. “You Know Who has not returned!...Harry you will be receiving detention for raising your voice, lying and putting the insane thought that You Know Who has returned into people's heads, and Faria you will have to write lines saying 'I will not question a Teachers teaching methods', fifteen inches of parchment!....Now open chapter one and start reading!” everyone put their heads down and began to read.

*

“You were right Harry she is insane!” I said, looking at Harry who was complaining under his breath. “Told you!” he snarled back. Harry was furious. “How dare she call me a liar!...stupid little toad!!” Harry's temper was rising, Ron and Hermione were silent, they didn't want to get involved. “We need to be able to defend ourselves, I only Know one or two, and that won't get me far” I sighed, as we walked down the stone,swirly stairs. “We could ask Fred and George!” Ron suggested. “They have done fifth Year Magic. Maybe they could help us?”

“But they only know flashy stuff, not real magic!” Hermione inflicted. “you'll be suprised” he said “ Lets go, I think they might be in the Transfiguration courtyard.

We found Fred and George and asked them. “Defensive spells eh?... Yeah we know a few!” George said with a reassuring smile on his face. “Well there is Stupefy!” “Protego” “Petrificus totalus” “ Thats about what we know!” The twins said, taking it in turn to say every second word. “Thanks! can you show us?” I asked “ Well we have a very tight schedule!” Fred said “but we can squeeze in time to teach you a spell or two! If....The prefects allow it?!” He said sarcastically. Pretending to look scared of Ron and Hermione.

“What are you on about!? Tight schedule?” Ron interjected, looking utterly confused at the fact the twins had tight schedule. “Creative minds don't have time to lose my dear brother, maybe you will learn someday from our riches!” George said in a graundy accent putting his hand on Ron's shoulder. “ Ok so you wave your wand like this and say Stupefy!” blue sparks flew out of Fred's wand and hit George, who fell to the Ground. “You try!” We partnered up. I went with Hermione, Ron with Harry. “Stupefy! I shouted sending sparks after Hermione. I did it! But before I knew it, tails of sparks hit me and I fell to the floor! “Nice one Hermione!” I laughed picking my self up. Myself and Hermione mastered the spell, how did the others do? We stood and watched. “Woah! Harry you even managed to get Ron to do it right! Very impressive!” Fred said, fingers rubbing an invisible beard on his chin. “Well that's all we have time for, must be off and get to business! BYE!” George announced their lesson had come to an end and they went to wherever they were going.