Hardship

“Kill me! I don’t care! Everyone will find out, everyone will know what and who you really are!” Hermione Yelled at me, she was steady but the quiver in her voice gave away how frightened she was.  The impulse my body had to kill her was enough to kill me too. I needed to control.  I’m not letting a Death Eater kill my best friend.  I wanted to scream how much this other side was not me.

Get out of my head! You are not me, I am not you. I don’t care what you say…I AM NOT YOU! My heart began to race, banging against my rib cage so hard I thought they would break.  Sinister laughter filled my mind so loud it hurt, then it began to fade and I could breathe clearly again and my heart rate was slowly decreasing speed. I had taken control.

                By the look on Hermione’s face, I knew I had returned to normal. “You won’t get away with this. I can’t believe you lied the whole time. How could I have been so stupid to trust you .”

I was lost for words. I couldn’t explain the guilt I felt, I just couldn’t sum up the amount of things I wanted to say.

“Hermione, I- I’m so sorry….Obliviate.” And with the flick of my wand I cast the spell on Hermione, I had no other choice but to erase her memory about what she had found out.

“How did I get here?” Hermione looked around in confusion. “Faria you look like you’ve seen death!”

You have no idea is what I wanted to say, but once again I had to lie. “Yeah, I just feel extremely sick and you came with me to make sure I was all right.”

“I must have been in my own world. Do you want to go see Madame Pomfrey?”

“No I think I’ll pass on that. I’m feeling a bit better so why don’t we head back to the common room”

“All right, I suppose you have had a bit too much of the hospital wing.”

Hermione jerked her head as to say “Will we go now?”.

“You go ahead, I just need to get what I left in the cubicle.” I said reassuringly. “ Ok if you’re sure. What happened to the mirror?” Hermione pointed at the mirror behind me. I twisted around to see what she meant, and sure enough there was a shattered mirror, that looked like someone punched it. “I have no idea?” I said and Hermione left the girls toilet.

                I didn’t recall the mirror breaking. Yeah it was the one I was looking in but I definitely didn’t break it. I walked over to it to examine it more.  I could see multiple of myself in all the shattered pieces. Then red velvet hair appeared with my face, smirking a crude and evil smile and flashed away again back to my own image. I got a fright but this drove me to my conclusion. I took my wand into my hand and with a firm grasp, I snapped it in half.

A spark flew up into the air and as it whistled away, ash fell to the floor. I could smell burning and I held the two wand pieces in each fist and flames rose and I watched my once beautiful wand disintegrate. Even though I could still use magic without a wand, I thought that at least getting rid of my wand would eliminate one thing at least.

*

Back in the common room Hermione had sat next to Ron watching Dean and Harry play wizard’s chess. “Remember whoever wins this one has to face me, but I hate to inform you that you won’t win against me.” Ron teased, relaxed back on the couch. Hermione smiled at me to acknowledge my entrance and after a few minutes Harry won the game. “I went easy on you!” Dean said devastated at his loss. We all laughed  and Harry and Ron set up for their match.

“Dean I really need to talk to you, could I steal you for a minute?” I asked trying not to let my voice shake. “Yeah what’s up?” He asked concernedly and we went somewhere more private. We sat down on a bench and he took my hand.  How am I going to do this?

“I really enjoy spending time with you, and you make me feel so happy but…b..” The tears I was holding back just burst out of me and ran down my cheeks like a water fall. I gripped Dean’s hand more tightly. “I’m just not able to keep a relationship at the moment and I don’t know when I ever can.” I took a deep breath to try and stop myself from crying. “I’m really sorry. T-There’s just so much going on at the moment and it’s, it’s all too much for me and I don’t want to bring you down with me or involve you in anything.” This was so hard, Dean’s face looked so disappointed and it was not helping the matter. I just cupped my face into my hands and rested them on my lap.

Dean rubbed his hand on my back for comfort. “It’s ok, I understand, but I wish you would have told me that something was bothering you, I could have helped you so it wouldn’t pile up on you like this.” Dean said. I know he didn’t say he was hurt but his face told me otherwise. I had no choice. I was too afraid of hurting him. I never wanted anything to happen again like what happened with Hermione. The thought of her almost dying haunted me.

“I thought I could manage.” I sobbed and Dean wiped the tears off of my face with his thumb. He pulled me into a warm hug and I grabbed on like I would never let him go, but I just did. “Thank you so much for understanding and sorry I’m such a mess!”

“Don’t worry about it, these things happen.” He smiled. “Do you want to talk about anything?”

I shook my head. I kissed his cheek goodbye and I walked away. I needed to be alone I wanted and needed to be alone, not just from Dean but from everyone.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, I know I've been soooooo slow with uploading. My laptop broke in November and I was tring to use my ipad tablet thingy but it was really awkward and it even pasted some of the story twice so sorry about the confusion there but I think ii fixed it. If ye spot any more confusing stuff let me know and ill fix it straight away. Any way now I FINALLY HAVE A LAPTOP! thank you for reading so far and there is still more to come :)