Life line

___________________________________
I walked down one of the deserted corridors and sat on a cold marble windowsill, my knees held close to my chest. How has all this happened? Why me? Less than 6 months ago i was at home, studying for muggle exams, doing muggle things. I never believed in magic, I never believed I would be a witch. It makes no sense.

I stared out the window for what felt like hours, thinking and contemplating on my life. How I lied to everyone, how I treated Dean, how I completely erased Hermione's memory. I want all of this to be over, I want all of this to stop.

I watched the rain pelt and splatter as it hit the ground through the glass, and slowly, but very slowly, i drifted off into a deep sleep...

*
"Well if it isn't the wicked witch herself?" I shot up, and rubbed my eyes quickly to see who was talking. It was Malfoy. I just turned away from him and ignored him. There was silence. From the side of my eye I could see him plant his body against a wall with his arms crossed. More moments passed and more silence. Eventually i had enough of it so i made the first move. Still looking out the window.

"Why are you here anyway? You never come down here so why don't you just go and leave me alone? Im sure tweedledom and tweedledee are smashing gargoyles around looking for you!" Malfoy didn't say anything, he just stayed quiet. I finally turned to face him, and noticed his facial expression actually looked worried. "Geez I didn't realise smashing gargoyles was such an emotional subject for you!" I added.

This silence was starting to get really weird. Usually he would have thrown numerous insults back at me by now. "Okay, Malfoy what are you up to? I know you didn't come down here just to tantalise me, so tell me why your really here?". Again he stayed silent, his face more pale than usual.

I had enough so I started to walk away. After a few steps he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall, his left arm over my head. My heart began to race, I didn't know what was going on. For once I actually felt frightened by Malfoy. His look was stern. His face centimetres away from mine. "Get out while you still can, he is going to kill you. You're a threat to him now. He won't hesitate any longer." His words came out quivering.
"Wh-what are you talking about?!" I pleaded.
"DON'T YOU GET IT? HE'S GOING TO KILL YOU!" He slammed the wall in frustration. He was looking straight at me. His blue eyes said it all. I knew what he meant. He was talking about Voldemort. He slid something cold into my left hand. We stared at each other intensely, until he walked away and I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. I slid down the wall staring into space, and I opened my hand: it was a potion vile.

*
I didn't go back to the common room last night, or breakfast this morning, or class for that matter. I couldn't face Hermione. Not after what happened. I couldn't stop thinking about Malfoy either. Last night was so strange, he was like a different person, not like i can judge someone with two personalities, after all I was a walking example. I had put the vile into my pocket. I thought Harry had taken the vile Malfoy got off of Lockheart, but apparently not. Why did Malfoy give it to me? I thought he hated me. So many questions flooded my brain. But it explains why Malfoy didn't acknowledge the fact it was taken. It was a fake. Harry had found the fake.

I didn't know what to do, I sat by the lake because I knew I wouldn't be found here while everyone else was at class. What if Malfoy was right? What if Voldemort was going to kill me? My mark began to burn. No not now, not while I'm so vulnerable! I felt my body change and once again the curtain of red hair was visible out the side of my eye.

'Stupid girl! Don't you realise Voldemort doesn't even have half the power of what you have? People shouldn't be afraid of Voldemort, they should be afraid of you. You can wreak havoc in a matter of minutes, you can kill someone in a matter of seconds and best of all, you are the Deathly Hallow Warrior. You have the power to rule the world. And that's what you'll do! '

"No no I am not evil! I'm not like you! I don't want to hurt anyone, I want to leave everything alone! I AM NOT YOU!" I roared in a voice i never new possible. A rush of black birds escaped the trees around me, the water in the lake began to shake and ripple.

"You still don't get it...YOU ARE ME AND I AM YOU! You cannot escape me, I am part of you! You are going to have people bow their heads to you. You will have the world on its knees! You are the epitome of evil!

You know what must be done..."

*
I was in the Malfoy manor.Voldemort was sitting at the top of the table. "The initiation has been completed. Now I have all the power I need. Faria you have been more than helpful but I am truly sorry...I will not require your services any longer." Voldemort sighed, as he got up out of his chair." I see you have no wand either, what a pity." He fiddled with his own wand passing it from hand to hand while Nagini circled his steps. I said nothing.

"You could have been great you know, may have one day ruled along side me. But as you refuse to co-operate, I must let you go."

"You can't kill me. Despite all you say, you know you need me. How else will you get into the department of mysteries and get the prophecy back?" I affirmed, keeping my cool. I wasn't afraid of him.

"See that is where you're wrong. I do not need you to get me in. I have already found a way." Voldemort took a step closer and pointed his wand at me, I think my heart stopped. "AVADAKEDAVRA!"
__________________________
I know i started this story like 2 years ago, but i may as well finish it so i hope you keep reading it until its finished :) thank you :) x