child!Lance x child!reader: let's make a promise

A/N: Both Lance and you are about 7 years old here

“Hey (y/N) what does it mean to get married to someone?” Lance suddenly dropped this question as the two or you were on your way home from school.  Turning back to him you still had your ice cooled drink in your hand which both you and Lance had bought on the way home as usual. While taking another sip you let his question sink into your head.
“Mommy once said it’s an important promise. Why are you asking?”
“I don’t know” Lance shrugged. “The movie we watched at school somehow got me thinking about it. My mum never really explained me what it meant. Well, I also never really asked.”
“Hmm…” your little mind tried to find the words that could tell him what you knew. “As far as I know it’s a promise to stay with the person you marry for the rest of their life. You have to love that person and care for them and never make them sad.”
“Okay…” Lance seemed to be thinking about your explanation while the two of you continued to walk.
“Hey (y/N) then we should make a promise to marry each other when we’re older!”
“What?” you were very surprised by his statement.
“We’ve always been together since we were little so why not keep that for the rest of our life? I always liked being with you. So I promise to take care of you and marry you when we are older, so that we can be zogether forever.” Grinning, he held up his hand with his little finger towards you. “Let's pinkie-swear on it.”
“Okay why not, I do feel the same.” You returned the gesture laughing. The two of you made a pinkie-swear to get married when you were older. To seal the deal Lance planted a small kiss on your cheek. He was grinning happily while you were giggling the rest of the way home.

____________________________
I'm not a big Lance Fan to be honest but i've been liking him more and more with each season of voltron xD so since someone requested this I wrote it on my way to work this week. It's not much bit I hooe you enjoy it ❤