Shiro x Child!reader

request for YuukiShuu

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shiro!" You rushed out the door as you saw your neighbor Shiro walk up the path to his house. He turned to you and gave you a bright smile.
"Hey there (y/N)!" with ease he picked you up and hugged you. From behind you, you heard your mother call your name.
"It's okay Miss (L/N), I'll keep an eye on (y/N)."  You giggled as he carried you into his house to put away his stuff from work. He set you down on his couch and hung up his jacket. Being an impatient little seven year old you were, you started to jump around on his furniture.
"Shiro! Shiro! I heard from Mommy that you are going into space! Is that really true?"
Shiro walked over to the couch and caught you in mid-air to prevent you from jumping around anymore.

"(y/N) calm down. Yes, it is actually true." He sat down and kept talking to you. "I received the notice last week. In two months, I'll be in a spaceship flying out to Kerberos together with Mr. Holt and his son."

"Wow!" you looked up to him with sparkles in your eyes. To you Shiro was the coolest person you knew.

"Show me where Kerberos is!" Shiro tilted his head and gave you a questioning look.
"I'm starting to doubt your memory (y/N). I think I showed you its position 100 times."
"I don't care. Show me, show me, show me!" you started jumping around again. Shiro shook his head and laughed.
"Okay, okay, just give me a sec." Shiro stood up and went to get his Laptop. On his Laptop, he had a program which allowed him to show our galaxy as we knew it. You had always loved the sky and stars, so Shiro had taught you a lot about the stars and constellations in the sky. He started up the program and moments later the screen was filled with stars. You moved the picture with your little fingers, since the screen had motion sensing, it was easy for you to handle the program. Shortly afterwards Shiro had to help you find the exact place that Kerberos was. You just looked at the image of the planet and were making up scenarios in your head, where you saw Shiro walking over the surface in a cool looking spacesuit. The two of you keept chatting on for a while until you started to yawn. Shiro smiled and scooped you up in his arms. He carried you over to your own house where your mother was waiting for you to arrive back. As usual, she apologised, but Shiro just said it was okay, brought you up to your room and tucked you under your bedsheets with the sweetest little smile on your face. Your peacefull face made him smile once more before he went home himself, thinking of his upcomming mission.

----------------------------------------------

just a small one but I liked the idea :) need to finish the ones I have already started for you guys xD