Shiro x reader: connection

This is based on an idea I got when watching season 3 of Voltron. If you haven't seen it maybe stay away from this part ^_^

-------------------

Allura entered the room and saw Keith sitting by your bed.
"Still nothing new Keith?" Keith looked up to her and signed.
"No, nothing new. She's still in the coma like state." He turned his gaze back to you. It seemed like you were having a nightmare while you were sleeping. You had been like this for almost two weeks now and the whole team was worried.
"But I think I know why this is happening. On the last mission the black Lion talked to me Allura." Allura didn't interrupt Keith, but gave him a surprised look. The Lions don't usually 'talk' to their Paladins, which made her currious.
"(Y/N) is the co-pilot of the black Lion. She and Shiro had a special connection through the Lion. In our battle against Zarkon, they were somehow connected through their mind while fighting. The connection never really got cut when Shiro dissapeared." Keith paused burring his face in his hands. "With every day that Shiro is gone, (y/N) is growing weeker. They are still connected. If we don't find Shiro soon and get him here..."
"Could she die?" Allura was shocked at his explaination. Keith just shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know. The Lion wouldn't or maybe couldn't tell me. It just said it would be bad for her."
"Keith... we will find Shiro and help (y/N) get better. I know both of them are like family to you." Allura placed her hand on his shoulders to reasure him. He was thankfull of her words.
After a while of silence, he stood up.
"I'm not going to be able to help anyone by just sitting around. I'm going out to search for Shiro again." Allura nodded and followed him out of the room

The darkness around you was all you could see. It was frightening and lonely. You didn't want to stay here.

-Flashback to the last fight against Zarkon-

The fight was intense. Instead of doing your job as the co-pilot, every now and them you turned your head to check on Shiro if he was okay.
"(Y/N), keep your eyes on the back of Voltron!" Shiro shouted at you. Your seat was directly behind his.
"Like that will help us. There are no other enemies out there to attack us Shiro! Zarkon is the only one atracking us!" You yelled back at him while Voltron got shaken by another attack.
"He could still try to get us from the back. We need to know when he is behind us. That's your job (y/N)."
"Can you two stop arguing and concentrate on the fight?!" Lance yelled at you through the speaker. He and the others were able to hear you two fight. Everyone was on edge since the battle was hard and was taking its time. You turned your head back to your own monitor infront of you, making sure Voltron could evade if he would get attacked from behind.

The darkness faded away after some time. It seemed if you were opening your eyes after a long time. The purple lighting surrounding you hurt your eyes. The whole room seemed so fimiliar to you. It was of Galra origin what made you feel sick. Your view shifted, as if you were standing up and then falling to the ground. You heard yourself grunt in pain but at the same time you had the feeling it wasn't your own voice that was leaving your mouth. As you struggled to get up again, the darkness started to fade back in.

-Flashback to the battle-
The final attack was over. The Lions of Voltron were not assembled anymore, Zarkons armor in pieces. The paladins were all unconsious. As if it were far away, you suddenly woke up to Alluras voice which brought you back to your senses. You were lying on the cold metal floor if the black lion and not in your seat where you had last been.
"Ahhh.." you grunted and got up to check on the lion and Shiro. Your head was pounding and you could hardly think strait. Over the radio you faintly heard the others speaking, asking if everyone was okay, but you didn'trespond. You were checking up on Shiro when your mind started to go black again... and you realised he wasn't in his seat.
"Shiro...?" You collapsed again onto the metal, cold floor.