Chapter 46

Ariana honestly lost count of how many designer stores and boutiques she and Bridget went to and they still, or rather, Bridget still hadn't found 'the one'. That's what she'd been calling the dress. Bridget told Ariana when they find 'the one', they would know and Ariana, honest to God, had no idea what she meant.

Ariana watched Bridget as she went through hangers as one of the attendants assisted her, going to the back of the store and coming back with everything Bridget requested for.

Bridget glanced at her,
"Well?"

"What?" Ariana was confused,

"Don't just stand there. Go through the other sections, you might find something you like."

"I doubt that," She smiled, "This is the umpteenth store we've been to."

Bridget gasped,
"This isn't just any store," She said, "This is the store. They have selections from top designers from Oscar de la Renta to Diane Von Furstenberg."

"I'm going to pretend like you just spoke English and I know who those people are. Also, if this is the store, why have we been to so many others, why didn't we just come here in the first place?" Ariana walked to one of the neatly spaced hangers with dresses that looked like they were worth thousands of dollars. She was afraid she'd touch one of them and stain it with her clean hands.

"Well, you know what they say: Save the best for last."

Ariana glanced back at her and shook her head.
"Would rather prefer to save time."

"Oh, this is pretty." Bridget pulled out a nude dress with its bodice covered in sequins.

"I already told you, none of that shiny stuff." Ariana went back to browsing the hangers.

"Do you have this is red?" Bridget asked the attendant,

"Red?" Ariana snapped around to look at her, "I hope that would be for you because I'm not wearing red."

"What's wrong with red?"

"It's too...loud."

Bridget sighed.
"You are something."

Ariana smiled and froze a second later when her eyes landed on the next dress. She stared at it and didn't hear Bridget calling her name. She took it off the rack to take a better look at it and Bridget walked up behind her to look at the dress Ariana held.

"Oh," Bridget said, "Do you have this in a size 2?"

"Yes." The polite and professional attendants said before she went to the back to get it.

"It's..." Ariana began,

"Perfect for you," Bridget said with a smile, "I should have thought about something like this."

Ariana understood at that moment what Bridget meant by she would know when she found 'the one'.

"Here you go," The attendant came with the dress in a size 2 as requested.

"Do you want to try it on?" Bridget asked,

Ariana looked at Bridget with a 'really' look. After making her try dresses for the past hour, they'd figured out she was a size 2 after a few tries, so why try something she knew would fit?

Bridget smiled at her and turned back to the attendant.
"We'll take it then," Bridget handed the dress back to the attendant, "Do you have shoes to match?"

The attendant smiled and nodded,
"We have the perfect shoes and a clutch if one is needed."

"That would be great," Bridget turned to her, "You don't have a problem with heels, right?"